nanoCAD wishlist

67 replies to this topic

#21 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

Yes, I think we'll add it soon - we have this features in another our products.

View Postmate, on 19 November 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

Supporting geotiff by reading place coordinates from tiff header or from associated world file *.tfw

#22 NZRanger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Native Linux version! ( PLEASE! )
Print to PDF

#23 raymond avila

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Would really like to have more solid editing options...such as EXTRUDE TOOL, ADD, SUBSTRACT, ETC... thanks!!!

#24 Jim Smith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

Isometric Snap and Grids, please! Seems pretty easy to implement.

Help page for Isometric Snap (and planes).

#25 noideaeither

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

I'd just like to add my plea for 'Extrude' (+'Follow Path'), 'Union', 'Interfere', 'Subtract', etc..
Can't see any way to do these basic 3D operations :(

Aside from that, NanoCAD is the most excellent Freeware CAD available, no question. Well done guys.

#26 maki2020

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

NanoCad is fantastic. Bravo.

Now, one question:
In AutoCad Mechanical there is a command ''hole charts''. Do you have similar command and if you don't, is there possibility to make this?

#27 bgougent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

Wish to have the layers windows open and still have the ability to continue working - like in autocad.

#28 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

View Postmaki2020, on 27 February 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

NanoCad is fantastic. Bravo.

Now, one question:
In AutoCad Mechanical there is a command ''hole charts''. Do you have similar command and if you don't, is there possibility to make this?

We have special version nanoCAD Mechanical in Russia, but i's based on local standarts and not fully translated yet. May be it will be also available for international market.

#29 albert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

Excellent program, but is there any chance for Linux version?

#30 Miroslav Bezdek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Hello guys,

Nanocad 4.5 is fantastic!

I appreciate layer tools buttons (freez, switch, izolate, etc.).

Take care.

MB

#31 Mare

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Hello!

Also, "multiple" option when inserting blocks would be great.

#32 neilnico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

A Feature which is sadly missing is the tangent feature. It seems that you can not snap a line tangent to a circle, insert a circle tanget to a line, a circle tangent to three lines and last a circle tangent to three other circles or circles and a line etc, you just don't support the tangent. This is an important feature and for me makes nanoCAD not all that usefull. Sorry. May be you can add this feature.

#33 SergeyK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

View Postneilnico, on 20 May 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

A Feature which is sadly missing is the tangent feature. It seems that you can not snap a line tangent to a circle, insert a circle tanget to a line, a circle tangent to three lines and last a circle tangent to three other circles or circles and a line etc, you just don't support the tangent. This is an important feature and for me makes nanoCAD not all that usefull. Sorry. May be you can add this feature.

Probably you have "Tangent" snap mode turned off. By default it is turned off.
Tools->Drafting Settings->Object Snap

#34 R Laird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

Tool Palettes would move this package much closer to a full-fledged 2D industrial design package. Dynamic Blocks would move it the rest of the way. With all that has been done already, I would think that Tool Palettes would be relatively easy to program.

#35 R Laird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

It would be convenient if, while typing a command in the command line to the point that a single command is left in the pop-up window then it would be possible to just enter Return or right-click to begin this command.

#36 R Laird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

There could be an improvement on the way that AutoCAD implements the Tool Palette-- at least for the way that I use it. I use it just to pull commonly-used blocks into the drawing. There is no easy way to export a built-up Tool Paletter for others to use. Each person must set up all of their palettes and palette groups and pull in whatever blocks they want into each palette. It should be easier. My idea is to just have your blocks put out into a hierarchy of folders. Most people would do this anywy. Then just give the Tool Palette your base folder. It would make up palettes according to the sub-folder names and pull in all blocks located in each folder into the palettes The palette group name would just be the base folder name. You could just give it other base folders to add more palette groups.

Actually, I may program this myself when I get the time. I have to work my way down the priority list.

#37 kmfong1977

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

For future 3D solid-editing:
1) user options to set interference relationship between 3D solids in different layers, eg. after user has set layer A overriding layer B, objects in layer B are drawn with no intersecting lump into objects in layer A, thus minimizing the need to subtract and separate.
2) inspector showing values of primitive soldis such as: -
a) axis length value
B) average width
c) max height
d) net volume after relationship in 1) above is set
e) area value of individual faces (top, bottom, sides)

Icon button for text labelling of:
1) Area for polylines/ circle/ ellipse at centroid (region),
2) Length for lines at mid-point
3) Segment lengths between vertices of polylines (or dimensioning instead of text labelling)
4) 3D solids volume at centroid
5) Area of individual faces of 3D solids/ or its exploded faces that has become regions

Wish to have too a list of available lisp functions in version 4.5 as reference. vlax-curve-getPointatDist, vlax-curve-getDistatParam & vlax-curve-getEndParam are not included? Hatch command that will not have poping up menu.

Cheers and TQ for offering nanoCAD free.

#38 1aleksandar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

I'm Linux user. Using Draft sight and Bricscad for years now. My company is planing to switch to one of the Linux OS's. Probably Ubuntu. There's need for some 130-190 installations of some good, stabile CAD that resemble AutoCad, for a fast and smooth switchover of all of the workers. NanoCad for Windows is a great application. Really would like to use it in Linux environment, native. Draftsight is not yet that good and proffesional, nor has 3D possibilities. For now there's only BricsCad, but it's slow and not that modern. Except my company, there's huge number of users that would kill to switch to NanoCad as it is right now (ver. 4.5) if it would be native Linux choice for installation.
One more thing. I would be especially great full (and all of my country mates) if there should be a Serbian, cyrrilic language version of this great application.

#39 catignano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

A configuration option of preceding absolute coordinates or relative coordinates (displacement) with @.

#40 plicate18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:52 AM

I know it's already there, but I'm gonna ask for it once more, because I think it's important. We are a group of three designers, working under Ubuntu. Please make a Linux version or at least one that runs under Wine. We really appreciate the good job you've done with the latest NanoCAD version. Keep it up! And please consider making a Linux version!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users