←  Technical Questions

nanoCAD forum

»

Snap Auto-selected When Dimensioning

John Pearson's Photo John Pearson 31 Mar 2019

Even though all of my snaps are turned off, the "nearest" choice is always turned on when selecting any of the dimension items. I usually don't want any snaps when dimensioning and when I do it's usually "end of line". How do I turn off the auto select or change it to "end of line"?

Thanks

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 02 Apr 2019

Hi John,
turn off this option in Params dialog:
Attached Image

John Pearson's Photo John Pearson 02 Apr 2019

That solved the problem but created another. Now the cursor has lost it's snap grid action. The dimension still appears to snap to the grid but the cursor now "floats" on the screen.

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 03 Apr 2019

check the SNAP button in the status bar:
Attached Image

John Pearson's Photo John Pearson 03 Apr 2019

The button is selected but the cursor does not move to snap points. When you turn off the dimension "nearest" feature, is appears to also turn off visible snap when dimensioning. I turned the feature back on to get the cursor snap then use end of line when dimensioning.

PS
When "nearest" is turned off, the cursor cross-hair is also disabled during dimensioning.

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 04 Apr 2019

Cursor moves to snap points when any command is active.
Are you sure that Object Snap (OSNAP) is on and there are selected snaps?

John Pearson's Photo John Pearson 04 Apr 2019

Yes, OSNAP is on and "end of line" selected. Cursor does not jump to snap points but seems to select the right feature. On one occasion, the cross-hair was missing. Turning the "nearest" back on resolved the problem.

PS
I just tried it again with "nearest" off and it now works as expected. Don't know what's going on but will watch for problems. Thanks for taking the time to help me.