←  Technical Questions

nanoCAD forum

»

Windows 10

SK75's Photo SK75 06 Aug 2015

I want to upgrade my computer to windows 10 from windows 7, will Nancad still function?

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 06 Aug 2015

Hello,

All NanoCAD available versions work on Windows 10.

SK75's Photo SK75 06 Aug 2015

Thank you Hellen, i'll get right to it!

Agas's Photo Agas 28 Aug 2015

I have recently installed windows 10 and Nanocad does not open at all.

I have tried setting compatibility to Windows 7 which I was using previously but it still does not open.

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 01 Sep 2015

View PostAgas, on 28 August 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

I have recently installed windows 10 and Nanocad does not open at all.

I have tried setting compatibility to Windows 7 which I was using previously but it still does not open.
Hello,
look in Windows Temp folder and product folder for setup.log file. If found - send it to me.

JDM's Photo JDM 22 Jan 2016

Hello, I am having the same problem as the original poster.

Was using Nanocad without any problems in windows 8.
After updating to Windows 10 nanoCad loads fine but crashes when I try to open a file (tried both dxf and dwg that were working fine before).
Tried also uninstalling and installing nanoCad again with no success. The error that I get is the following:
"nanoCad has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

Searched my whole sdd for a setup.log file but unfortunately didn't find any related to nanocad.
Running 5.0.2520.1471

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 22 Jan 2016

View PostJDM, on 22 January 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

Hello, I am having the same problem as the original poster.

Was using Nanocad without any problems in windows 8.
After updating to Windows 10 nanoCad loads fine but crashes when I try to open a file (tried both dxf and dwg that were working fine before).
Tried also uninstalling and installing nanoCad again with no success. The error that I get is the following:
"nanoCad has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

Searched my whole sdd for a setup.log file but unfortunately didn't find any related to nanocad.
Running 5.0.2520.1471

http://forum.nanocad...ndpost__p__1454

Bobby L's Photo Bobby L 28 Aug 2021

I'm having the same problem and windows screwed it up. Their help is less than useless. Mine icon when clicked does nothing, no error, no nothing its as if it does not even exist.