←  Technical Questions

nanoCAD forum

»

format units

Kevin Freund's Photo Kevin Freund 27 Oct 2014

Australian surveyors and other professions enter lines as bearings and distances, where the bearings are as on a protractor, with 0d to the north and directions clockwise.
Nanocad 5.0 allows you to enter this as in AutoCAD, by choosing options in 'format units', namely DegMinSec, North, clockwise.
It appears correctly in line properties.
However, Nanocad calculates the coordinates INCORRECTLY.
For example, for a line 238d30'00", it uses the angle 270d - 238d30'00", instead of the angle 238d30'00" - 180d, to calculate the coordinates.

I have checked with AutoCAD LT and Draftsight 2015 and they both work correctly.

ISL's Photo ISL 27 Oct 2014

I am able to reproduce the bug in nanoCAD 5.0. It is fixed in nanoCAD Plus 6.0.

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 27 Oct 2014

Hello Kevin,
nanoCAD 5.0 really has some problems with units. If you need this units in your work often, I can advice you to download nanoCAD 4.5.
Or you can buy nanoCAD Plus 6.0, it is more stabile, has new features and priority support

Kevin Freund's Photo Kevin Freund 27 Oct 2014

to Helen_Ch
Thanks, I'll try 4.5 which I had before a computer crash..

Kevin

Kevin Freund's Photo Kevin Freund 29 Oct 2014

to Helen_Ch
I downloaded version 4.5 but when I went to register, the license was expired. I sent a request to email 'support' for renewal but didn't receive a reply.
I tried this morning to get a new license but it said must download the latest version.
I have a perpetual license for version 3.5 but can't download it because the web page can't be found.

Kevin

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 30 Oct 2014

Kevin,
send me your serial number of nanoCAD 4.5, and we will extend your license

Kevin Freund's Photo Kevin Freund 30 Oct 2014

Helen_Ch
Thanks, it is:
NC45E-6B339C69-DDCD-05996

KEVIN

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 30 Oct 2014

your license was extended, run RegWizard and activate it.
If you will have any problems with licensing, please contact our support center: support@nanocad.com