nanoCAD forum

»

line by length and angle

8s8's Photo 8s8 24 Oct 2014

Can i draw a line by length and angle?
Thanks

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 24 Oct 2014

Yes, you can.
Specify fitst point (by coursor or coordinates in command line), then write @length<angle, for example @10<65

8s8's Photo 8s8 29 Oct 2014

thank you very much!!!

Michael Berman's Photo Michael Berman 02 May 2016

Hi - I am having trouble transitioning from AutoCAD 2008 to here because of the line command - I will type Line -0,0, 10<0, and it will draw a nice flat line from left to right 0,0 to 0,10. Then I type in 5<45 and it draws a very long line at a random angle - something like 222 degrees. I stopped typing and entered the commands -
Command: l

L,LINE - Line by Points
Specify first point: 5,0
Specify next point: 10<0
Specify next point or [Undo/]: 5<45
Specify next point or [Undo/Close/]:

I go 2 lines that look like ___\ with an angle of 29 degrees heading back to origin.

Do I need to use the @ command each time to ignore the mouse position in nanoCad? or can I turn it off to behave like AutoDesk? Besides that I am good!

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 04 May 2016

View PostMichael Berman, on 02 May 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

Hi - I am having trouble transitioning from AutoCAD 2008 to here because of the line command - I will type Line -0,0, 10<0, and it will draw a nice flat line from left to right 0,0 to 0,10. Then I type in 5<45 and it draws a very long line at a random angle - something like 222 degrees. I stopped typing and entered the commands -
Command: l

L,LINE - Line by Points
Specify first point: 5,0
Specify next point: 10<0
Specify next point or [Undo/]: 5<45
Specify next point or [Undo/Close/]:

I go 2 lines that look like ___\ with an angle of 29 degrees heading back to origin.

Do I need to use the @ command each time to ignore the mouse position in nanoCad? or can I turn it off to behave like AutoDesk? Besides that I am good!

@ symbol is used to specify relative coordinates, if you won't use it, the coordinates will be absolute.
No, that is not possible to turn it off.

Ian Wells's Photo Ian Wells 25 Sep 2022

I must say that its disappointing that this program doesn't allow me to start an line, indicate the angle (if desired) and then place a random end point, (without having to type a formula.) This is a feature of other programs, it would be nice to introduce it to nanocad.

Artemio's Photo Artemio 26 Sep 2022

View PostIan Wells, on 25 September 2022 - 11:26 PM, said:

I must say that its disappointing that this program doesn't allow me to start an line, indicate the angle (if desired) and then place a random end point, (without having to type a formula.) This is a feature of other programs, it would be nice to introduce it to nanocad.

You can indicate the angle.
Try to switch by TAB between dynamic input fields when you drawing a line.
One field allows to indicate distance, another - angle.
This "formulas" using when you want to use relative coordinates, which depends on previous position.
If you input simple numbers, then it'll be absolute coordinates. depends on what set in dialog window "UNITS" in section "Angle".
Using "formulas" allows you to switch between relative and absolute coords on the fly.