←  Technical Questions

nanoCAD forum

»

image transparent color..?

ffred2's Photo ffred2 19 Dec 2013

Hello,
if I insert an image wich contains a "transparent color", it's set to white (or black of TIFF files..). I tried the different image file formats available in Nanocad.
is there a way to be able to put two images on top of each other - essentially a logo on top of an image - and be able to see the background image across the transparent color of the logo ?
thanks
ffred

SevaM's Photo SevaM 19 Dec 2013

Hello Ffred,

only for monochrome images. If your logo is monochrome - place it over background imabe, select and se Transparency = Yes in In Inspector ( Properties dialog ).

Best regards,
Seva.

well, ok.. just tried. it's working.
but it's not monochrome (as I understand it in French..), but it's black & white, just two colors, with no shade of gray.

so, not the solution for my actual need. I will do the logo insertion outside Nanocad and insert only the final image.
but thanks, it's better and better after each version.
ffred

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 19 Dec 2013

Hello Ffred.

Which format of images do you use?

SevaM's Photo SevaM 19 Dec 2013

yes, only bitonal images can be transparent in nanoCAD, but you can use Image Clip to make some parts of image transparent. It's not easy for complex images.

I tried the several image formats that Nanocad can insert...
but don't worry, for my today problem, it's solved. I positionned the images in Nanocad, without the transparency and then I mixed the two images outside Nanocad before re-inserting ... not too much a problem for today.
will see next year for my next needs how to simplify.
happy Christmas.