Delay when clicking on dimensions - nanoCad Free

1 reply to this topic

#1 AlexSol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 09:30 PM

Hi,
I just download nanoCad free version. Everything seems to work fine, but i notice when i click on dimensions (both in model and in layout views) there is a 1-2 second delay where it seems like the program freezes.
Is this normal or is there a setting that can be turned off? One or two times is not a big deal, but if you working on a big drawing that time can add up a lot.

I am using windows 11.

#2 David Duncan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 21 April 2023 - 12:25 AM

Hello Alex,
If you are familiar with AutoCAD you would be aware that there is a Hardware Acceleration setting that allows the software to maximize it's use of any memory or hardware processing power, and improve it's performance. In nanoCAD 5 (free version) these settings are found through Tools / Options / Graphic Settings. You can then decide to use OpenGL or DirectX to select and experiment to see how each graphics selection affects the performance. If you stay with OpenGL, there are additional settings that may help. Depending on your computer hardware, nanoCAD may not be able to access all that is available. If you have experienced other graphics issues, it's possible you need to have your video / graphics card checked for proper performance, or try replacing it.
I have both nanoCAD 5 and nanoCAD 22 on my machine and am not experiencing the lag time you describe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users