Importing dimstyles and layers etc in one go

2 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 January 2023 - 01:34 PM

Hello again,

Is there a way of importing layers and dimstyles/multileader styles into a drawing without having to create them each time?

In Autocad I would use the command adcenter which brings up a dialogue box and from there I can just drag and drop everything into the drawing. Is there a way to do this is Nanocad?

I suppose a workaround would be that when a drawing comes in I open it and manipulate it/work on it as I need to and then create a new drawing from the .dwt template and wblock it in. What does everyone else do?

Ta!

Phil

#2 Alx Synth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 07:11 AM

I dont know what version u are using, but here in 2022 version the command "adc" calls the design center where we can add a lot of shit in one go

#3 Phil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 June 2023 - 03:12 PM

View PostAlx Synth, on 13 February 2023 - 07:11 AM, said:

I dont know what version u are using, but here in 2022 version the command "adc" calls the design center where we can add a lot of shit in one go

Thanks! And its only taken me four months to reply!

adc brings up drawing explorer for me (I'm using Constuction v23) and shows me what's in the drawing. I don't see any option to drag and drop dimstyles or layers from another drawing though, which is what I want to do to save having to recreate them each time. I've set up nanocad so that the template has all the layers and dimstyles ready to use and the template drawing opens when I start up nanocad. In the absence of being able to import layers and dimstyles into a drawing I've received from someone else, I suppose all I can do is import that drawing into the blank template drawing and work from there, but it's a bit of a faff!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users