NanoCAD 22 Construction, doors problem

construction library doors do not cut wall

1 reply to this topic

#1 Christos Symeon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 12:53 PM

I have downloaded Construction 22 to test.
Doors from the library sometimes find the wall object and cut it correctly, often not, they cut a different wall away from the location indicated.

In the screenshot below, when I try to cut the wall in the red circle, the door ends up in the highlighted circle above it (I tried 4 times... all the doors there)

For an architecture application, it's a serious fault, the whole wall system is almost useless.
exés
ARCHITECTURE

#2 Christos Symeon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 October 2023 - 08:31 AM

This is do to scaling issues. Door definitions included in NanoCAD Construction are in mm, my standard is m.
It is possible to adjust the units by the feature Measurement Scale BUT though walls, doors, windows etc appear correctly, the scripts that run wall intersections and door, window insets fail to recognize the area of interest correctly.
As a result placing one door on one empty wall works, placing a door in a complex drawing with many walls, the door snaps to other walls or just "skips" out of place.

I solved this by defining new wall templates with the units in meters. For example the wall thickness of a 20cm is written as 0.2 instead of 200, etc.
Then I used the ScriptMaster to edit doors and windows in meter units accordingly. It works!

(By this point I have purchased Construction module)
exés
ARCHITECTURE

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users