←  Wishlist

nanoCAD forum

»

3DScan / Point Cloud Viewer

David_Parker's Photo David_Parker 26 Sep 2022

I know there is (or was) 3Dscan for working on point clouds in Nanocad but is there going to be a point cloud / pano viewer also?

My problem being is the only comercial option for viewing point clouds and its imagery is on recap. Everything else is cloud based (apart from maybe bentley orbitgt which I am exploring). Is nanocad looking to expand it's point cloud solutions to include a viewer?

I work for a surveying company and have both TLS and Mobile scanners. Currently there is not a solution for us at all that integrates structured point clouds, unstructured point clouds and their panoramic imagery in an on-prem enviroment. Currently we are using Navvis Ivion and have set up on prem using Linux, NAS, Docker and Nginx but they are forcing our hand to go cloud which is simply not viable as we are in Australia and clients want data security off the cloud - not in some data centre in europe. plus it is far too slow.

May be wishful thinking that you would be implementing such solutions but seriously, the market and options are european / US cloud based options that force us to use their overpriced junk.

Happy to discuss further if there is a plan for point cloud viewing or interest at nanocad. I will leave it at that for now!

Thanks, David