Text displays as a box

Text display text boundary box

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ian Wells

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2022 - 06:27 AM

I'm running the newest version of Nanocad, but I've run into an issue where text (whether by itself or as dimensions) displays at an empty box. I can get the text to display at certain zoom positions but when backing out a bit the boxes reappear. I saw this issue addressed in an Autodesk forum, but the solution (In the Options dialog box, Display tab, under Display Performance, click or clear Show Text Boundary Frame Only, and click OK) doesn't appear to have an equivalent in Nanocad, at least, that I could find.

Attached Image: Screenshot Text Displayed.png

Attached Image: Screenshot Text Is Replaced When Zooming Out.png

#2 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 315 posts

Posted 19 September 2022 - 07:02 PM

Hello.
Can you, please, send your file for test, or describe your steps - how to repeat this, because I'm not succeeded in it...

#3 Ian Wells

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 04:22 PM

I'm including the file here:

Attached Files

#4 Ian Wells

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 11:16 PM

Any ideas?

#5 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 315 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 07:29 PM

Yeah, I kinda get what is happening (hope so).
This happens when I zooming out until text became so small, that system can't draw it as a text and sets here an empty boxes to show that something is here.
May be solution is - to use symbol scale.
You can find it in the right bottom side of the platform window. It looks like "m1:100" or similar. Main is - little letter "mXX:XX".
This scale affects texts, dimensions, annotation and other objects need to drawing design.
Can you, please, try to change this scale to your approximate drawing scale?
For example, if you are zooming your drawing smaller to about 4 times, then select m1:4.
Or you might try to pick up what value of "m" suits more.
Changing symbol scale will affects only newly created objects.
To apply this to existing objects try to use "Set to selection".
Better explanation for symbol scale is: "Help" -> "Content" -> "nanoCAD" -> "Tuning nanoCAD" -> "Symbol Scale and Measurement Scale"
Hope this helps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users