Sweep Tool

4 replies to this topic

#1 David_Parker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 July 2022 - 06:37 AM

I am struggling my way through using the sweep tool to create my stair stringers (200 PFC).

Attached Image: Screenshot 2022-07-05 163612.png

There is welded joins at the landing and stair run support plus at the bottom connecting to base plate.

The easiest way for me to model this I beleive is using the sweep tool.

I have created my PFC profile and created a poly line for my path but can't get the desired outcome of the PFC profiles top right base point (I assume that is what that option is for) to follow the path.

The instructions are not clear on this either. Could I have a better set of instructions to make this work so I don't have to guess my way through in the future.

I perhaps am not understanding the alignment option properly, also if I could have the parametric sweep explained better as well would be useful.

Cheers.

#2 David_Parker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 July 2022 - 06:54 AM

Guessed my way through - although still unsure of the steps.

I will try note down what I did later but a better understanding of alignment and base point would be useful.

Instructions for parametric sweep confused the hell out of me! :huh:

Attached Image: Screenshot 2022-07-05 165231.png

#3 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 07:41 PM

Hello!
There is an attempt to explain "sweep" tool in this forum.
Here is link to it: https://forum.nanoca..._4919#entry4919
Link - because this topic has useful comments, not just describing, which might be a little bit sophisticated or cunning.
Please, let me know if it's too cunning, I'll try to describe it another way then.

#4 David_Parker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 12:45 AM

I see Nanocad has since released some working tutorials for basic features now. May slow down my stupid questions :D .

#5 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 05:42 PM

Please, don't :)
Questions shows that you're not just eager in knowledge, but also active on the way to it.
Also it might show potential or even actual weaknesses in product to developers.
Other users might be stuck in some similar obstacles, and communication, started with your question, might be useful for them.
However getting to know with tutorials and reading "help" are undoubtedly huge step in discovering platform.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users