←  Technical Questions

nanoCAD forum

»

Vertical dimensioning nanoCAD Pro

Jan's Photo Jan 19 Jan 2021

• I’m having a difficult time understanding and implementing vertical dimensions. I don’t know if my problem is related to the instructions found under nanoCAD Help/Linear dimensions, or if it is because I’m using layers incorrectly.
  • I’m consulting nanoCAD Help.
  • I’ve not been able to find a video that addresses this problem specifically nor a .pdf manual I can consult. If there is a video or a manual, can you let me know?
  • The forum question Help with Isometric Dimension seems to address the problem, but it relates to a 2D model(?).

I have a layer labeled Dim Overhead on which I’ve placed all horizontal measurements.

I wish to do vertical dimensions of a box (cabinet) and find that any dimensions I attempt to make are immediately assumed to be horizontal.

I’ve tried DIMVER and that doesn’t seem to help.

I’ve tried to follow the instructions under Linear dimensions/To specify the vertical dimension of the line: and still am unsuccessful.

Thank you

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 21 Jan 2021

Hi Jan,

set ucs by current view, then you will be able to dimension vertical objects.

JAR's Photo JAR 22 Jan 2021

I'm sorry...

My UCS is currently set to "World" view.

By issuing
- UCSMAN/[Tab] Orthographic USCs/Front
- (Name) *Front* [Set Current]
By resetting the UCS to another view (*Front*),
it appeared that I was able to start attaching vertical dimensions to the drawing.

However, when I switched back to World view those dimensions became completely unattached to the drawing and floated incomprehensibly in the 'ether'.

How does one end up with a drawing containing both horizontal and vertical dimensions, properly attached to horizontal and vertical elements (respectively) of that drawing?

What did you mean by saying "set ucs by current view"?