←  Technical Questions

nanoCAD forum

»

Contour Text NanoCad 5

Robse Ponte's Photo Robse Ponte 07 Jan 2021

Hello,

i was wondering if it is possible to change the Text appearance of the contour text in NanoCad 5? The blank recangles when zooming in and out are sometimes disturbing. Is there any hidden variable that can adjust this?

pguimber's Photo pguimber 08 Jan 2021

Hello (again) :D

Maybe adjust Graphic settings (DirectX/OpenGL and options) in Options.
Result depending on your video card.

For kow all variables use command "Setvar" and "?" options.
F2 for see window of command line.

Cordialy
Patrick

Also See View - Visual Styles

Robse Ponte's Photo Robse Ponte 08 Jan 2021

Hello Patrick

sorry, I am currently testing nanocads limits and maybe your patience as well :). When we switch some PCs from AutoCad to nanoCad i want the users to have a good feeling...

I tried setvar ? already, Maybe i should have written that I tried already to figure it out by myself: It looks like quick text, there is a command... and also for qtextmode, but it seems not to work.

Am I someting missing again. I was wondering if there is a hidden preference in Nanocad 5 for this what is mentioned in time 3:40 (Pro Version Example)

https://www.youtube....h?v=e0s9U6jranE

Best regards to France from Switzerland

Hoho ! hello happy people of Switzerland :D
don't worry about it i'm happy to serve you !

And command Qtext ?
(on video i'm don't sure it's NC5.0 !)

It seems to me that some variables are only there for compatibility and have no effect on the workspace.

I am also discovering NC5.0 to replace Draftsight.
Autocad user since version 10 (on Dos)

I am more comfortable with keyboard shortcuts! (There is also a PGP file at the root of NC)

Robse Ponte's Photo Robse Ponte 08 Jan 2021

Hello Patrick,

qtext is similar with quick text command. The video is Pro (compared to the old NC5 UI-style). qtext has exactly the behavior of the showed effect in the video. But after regen, there is still sometimes huge rectangles where texts are particularly blanked and not, See screenshot. while in AutoCad or Draftsight this happens later when the text is smaller.

I played around with the resolution of the display without any effect. It seems just randomly blanks the rectangles. It is like it is...

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image

Kreator's Photo Kreator 10 Jan 2021

Maybe you mean text simplification setting: Options - Graphics - Simplify text smaller than ...

Robse Ponte's Photo Robse Ponte 12 Jan 2021

Wow! Thats it. when I make it smaller, it hides the text together like our users are used to. Thank you so much for your help.

pguimber's Photo pguimber 13 Jan 2021

View PostKreator, on 10 January 2021 - 10:39 AM, said:

Maybe you mean text simplification setting: Options - Graphics - Simplify text smaller than ...

I didn't know this one ... you learn at any age :rolleyes: