←  nanoCAD forum

nanoCAD forum

»

M and m scale?

L S's Photo L S 19 Dec 2020

So far, I'm really loving this tool. Except scaling. :) I've figured out how to convert my Draftsight (may they burn in hell...) drawings to work w/ NC. Figured out how to print to scale. But cannot figure out how to make the dimensions and text work with printing at different viewport scales. I suspect it's related to the "Measurement Scale" and "Symbol Scale" - but sure can't puzzle it out.

I've read the documentation - I must be stupid cause it doesn't help.

Has anyone figured this Rubic's cube out?

:)

To paraphrase one of my very favorite Christmas stories... May God bless us all during these crazy times.

LS

pguimber's Photo pguimber 19 Dec 2020

Hello,
same analysis for Draftsight!

with NC and scale the objective what is it?

Place dimensions to scale on the presentation (paper space)?

I guess that's the topic of the question!
With a window (viewport) at 1/100 scale (properties - Custom scale = 10), remember that this is 10mm of paper for 1 unit (meter) of model space.

1m / 100 = 0.01m or 10mm of paper.

The dimension on this viewport must have a suitable scale in its property 'Dimscale linear = 0.1'.

NC 5.0 incorporates some variables for compatibility but does not use them. Dimensions on paper space are not associative with model space.

Best regards

L S's Photo L S 19 Dec 2020

And Autocad has "annotative" scale that's hard for me to wrap my head around. i think this is a much better tool than Draftsight. It's really more of a learning process I guess. It'd help if there were options to scale in imperial units as well, since I live in a country that's still in the 19th century... :)

LS