←  Technical Questions

nanoCAD forum

»

Selecting layers when clicking on polylines

Martin Williams's Photo Martin Williams 22 Oct 2020

Hi. When I click on an area where multiple polylines from multiple layers are present, nanocad usually asks me which layer I was intending to select, however it is no longer asking and is just selecting one of the layers. Perhaps I have changed a setting somewhere but not sure. Anyone able to advise how I can set it back to how it used to be? Thanks.

Kreator's Photo Kreator 22 Oct 2020

Hi. Try Ctrl+W hotley to enable that window.

Martin Williams's Photo Martin Williams 23 Oct 2020

View PostKreator, on 22 October 2020 - 08:19 AM, said:

Hi. Try Ctrl+W hotley to enable that window.

Doesn't seem to do it for me. Forgot to mention I am using NanoCad 5, not sure if that makes a difference. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Martin Williams's Photo Martin Williams 23 Oct 2020

I have figured out what the issue is. The Superimposed Selection menu (which is set to on) is not appearing. Any ideas why?

pguimber's Photo pguimber 26 Oct 2020

Hello,
F1 is your friend !

Selection of superimposed objects
The Show selection dialog command from the View menu switches on/off display of the Selection dialog box.

Patrick

Martin Williams's Photo Martin Williams 26 Oct 2020

View Postpguimber, on 26 October 2020 - 09:42 AM, said:

Hello,
F1 is your friend !

Selection of superimposed objects
The Show selection dialog command from the View menu switches on/off display of the Selection dialog box.

Patrick

Thanks, ultimately the issue was the selection dialog box was off screen (just small sliver of the screen was visible). I had recently changed some monitor settings and somehow managed to get that box to be just off screen so couldn't see it. I have now moved the box and its all working well again.

The problem was operator error, not the software :)