←  Technical Questions

nanoCAD forum

»

Cant split text for laser cutting

Hawley's Photo Hawley 12 Oct 2020

Hi, I’m new to nanocad but I have some text on a drawing I’d like to split into lines for laser cutting, I have tried the explode button & the command line says “1 was filtered out”

pguimber's Photo pguimber 13 Oct 2020

Hello,
this is normal, NC uses vector letters (shx) or truetype but it does not explode them! ... It would be necessary to use another software to write text and export it in dwg or dxf.

Hawley's Photo Hawley 13 Oct 2020

View Postpguimber, on 13 October 2020 - 05:44 AM, said:

Hello,
this is normal, NC uses vector letters (shx) or truetype but it does not explode them! ... It would be necessary to use another software to write text and export it in dwg or dxf.

Thank you for the information, what software do you recommend to do this?

pguimber's Photo pguimber 13 Oct 2020

My first reflex would be to use sketchup 17 (free) to make the text (file SKP) then PconPlanner to transform it into DWG

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 13 Oct 2020

View PostHawley, on 12 October 2020 - 10:18 PM, said:

Hi, I’m new to nanocad but I have some text on a drawing I’d like to split into lines for laser cutting, I have tried the explode button & the command line says “1 was filtered out”
Hi,
nanoCAD Plus allows you to explode texts into lines and acrs, use EXPLODETEXT command.

worldraft's Photo worldraft 03 Dec 2020

If I understand correctly it is not used in version 5 free

pguimber's Photo pguimber 03 Dec 2020

Yes !
Again my first reflex would be to use sketchup 17 (free) to make the text (file SKP) then PconPlanner to transform it into DWG