←  Technical Questions

nanoCAD forum

»

Select Preview Highlighted Objects

Evris Mitchell's Photo Evris Mitchell 10 Sep 2020

Hello,

1) My NanoCAD crosshair preview highlights an object, then when I attempt to select the highlighted object, it selects another object directly underneath instead.

2) When selecting an object that's superimposed with another object, NanoCAD used to show a list of options of all objects superimposed. It's not doing that anymore. What could be causing NanoCAD to behave this way?

pguimber's Photo pguimber 11 Sep 2020

Hello
see options :

Tools => Options => Select => Selection Preview => Check the "Selection preview" box.

That's right ?
Cordialement
Patick

Evris Mitchell's Photo Evris Mitchell 15 Sep 2020

pguimber. Thanks for the response. But my point is that the preselected highlight of an object works fine. This is my problem: I have an exterior line underneath an interior line, both lines are at same length and direction. Now, when I hover my crosshair over both superimposed lines, NanoCAD used to show a floating box listing both exterior and interior lines for me to click on which line I intended to select. This is no longer happening. The other problem is that in the same scenario, when I hover my crosshair on the superimposed lines, one of them, exterior, would highlight. Then when I click what I see as highlighted, the interior line winds up getting selected instead.

Kreator's Photo Kreator 15 Sep 2020

Try Ctrl+W to toggle that floating box.

Evris Mitchell's Photo Evris Mitchell 16 Sep 2020

I found it! It was the Selection Dialog Box. View Menu Tab => click selection dialog box. So when you select an object that is superimposed with another object. The selection dialog box appears with all the superimposed layers listed for you to click which object layer meant to be selected.

pguimber's Photo pguimber 16 Sep 2020

ok
that's right !