Save As Command results in "File Not Found Error" for current file name

6 replies to this topic

#1 Keith Williams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 03:27 PM

I'm new to NanoCad and have two strange things happening when saving my .dwg file.

1. When trying to "Save As" and change the drawing name, I get an error that says the file name (the existing file name, not the new one I'm trying to create), is not found. I don't understand why it wouldn't work like any other Windows file, that is, saving the file with the new name and also leaving behind the current file as is with the current name.

2. When I just use the "Save" command, the file saves, but the file date in windows explorer does not update. In fact, it's never updated since the file was created even though I've updated and saved it many times. In explorer (and viewing the file properties in Windows) the file still shows the date I originally created it.

hoping this makes sense. Thanks in advance.

- keith

#2 Kreator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationKrasnodar, Russia

Posted 03 September 2020 - 06:31 PM

Hi.
Could you please tell in details what are you doing after you press Save as? Provide some screenshots or record a video to make it clear.
What version of NC do you use?

#3 Keith Williams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:10 PM

Nanocad Version 5 - Commercial it's the paid version. As far as trying "Save As" I just select that option from the File menu and it warns me the "file doesn't exist".

I have also lost all the regular "Saves" now. I have had the program up and running (computer on continuously) for about a week. When I finally restarted and opened Nanocad again to work on the project again, all changes were gone and there are no autosave files, since the computer didn't crash, but was shut down normally. I have saved the project many many times, each time I quite for the day, but all those saves are like they never happened. I am back to day one, a file dated 7/21. It's like all the saves never happened. I have never seen any software issue like this before.

Any help is much appreciated, I'm lost here

#4 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 02:14 PM

View PostKeith Williams, on 03 September 2020 - 08:10 PM, said:

Nanocad Version 5 - Commercial it's the paid version.

Hi Keith,
nanoCAD 5 is free version. It is not paid.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#5 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 02:17 PM

It may be the problem with your drawing file. Try to use Recover command.
Try nanoCAD Plus, it contains many recovering options, they allow to fix problems in drawing files.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#6 Barbosa Arreda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 11:50 AM

I have a similar problem, but in my case Nanocad closes when I try to save as. It creates the file, but when I click it, windows says that the file does not exist.

#7 carzzpeter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 11:39 AM

Could you please tell in details what are you doing after you press Save as? Provide some screenshots or record a video to make it clear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users