Annotative scaling for Text, Hatches, Blocks and Dimensioning

Scale annotative BricsCAD

10 replies to this topic

#1 Christos Symeon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 06:57 AM

I'm in my first couple days trying NanoCAD Plus.

I was surprised that a CAD "plus" package in 2020, is crippled in layout space, lacking annotative scales (introduced in AutoCAD 2008, during the year 2007). Competitive IntelliCAD based packages, like ProjeCAD, ActCAD, CMS-CAD, etc have it and Draftsight, GStarCAD and BricsCAD do too.

I think NanoCAD is a BricsCAD subsidiary and maybe they are removing features to justify the market niche for the lower price? But hey! this is a 13 year-old industry standard feature.
(There is a read-only variable in NanoCAD named ANNOTATIVEDWG set to 0)

The native NanoCAD symbol scaling only works with dimensions (? if I'm not correct someone please show me how, I hope I'm wrong...) and it works in a "destructive" way: I cannot keep all versions of annotations for all scales, I have to select, change and regenerate the objects to get the different scales (while I loose the previous).

( Please do not defend the symbol scaling with the argument that we can have different layers for different scales.
I know we can and we did .... back in the 20th century CAD and had all the fuss that goes with keeping all the mess of annotations synced)
exés
ARCHITECTURE

#2 Kreator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationKrasnodar, Russia

Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:04 PM

Annotative scaling is not supported yet.

#3 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 01:22 PM

nanoCAD Plus 20 supports existing annotative scales in drawing files.
Version will be released in a few days.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#4 Christos Symeon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:54 PM

View PostKreator, on 08 June 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

Annotative scaling is not supported yet.
Yes, I know. That is why I posted under "Wishlist".
I'll take the opportunity though to point out again that it is a feature that is essential for a competitive CAD program, in my opinion, especially one labeled "Plus", which should be a little more than basic.
My opinion is based on modern day workflow to get drawing layouts from your model, where most all the competition at this level, has incorporated the ability to have annotations to layout scale concurrently.
It is 13 years since this was an industry novelty, now annotative scaling is an industry standard.
exés
ARCHITECTURE

#5 Christos Symeon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:57 PM

View PostHellen_V, on 09 June 2020 - 01:22 PM, said:

nanoCAD Plus 20 supports existing annotative scales in drawing files.
Version will be released in a few days.
I guess the keyword here is "existing". Could you please elaborate?
Do you mean it will display annotative scales created by other CAD software?
Will the user be able to add annotative scales to new information and manipulate layout information?
exés
ARCHITECTURE

#6 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 07:44 PM

View PostChristos Symeon, on 11 June 2020 - 03:57 PM, said:

I guess the keyword here is "existing". Could you please elaborate?
Do you mean it will display annotative scales created by other CAD software?
Will the user be able to add annotative scales to new information and manipulate layout information?
User cannot create own annotative scales, but can see exisiting annotative scales created in other cad programs.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#7 Christos Symeon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 10:14 AM

View PostHellen_V, on 15 June 2020 - 07:44 PM, said:

User cannot create own annotative scales, but can see exisiting annotative scales created in other cad programs.
Sorry, but I find showing up (for compatibility purposes?) still lacking. We should be able to manipulate.
Please add the feature!
exés
ARCHITECTURE

#8 Christos Symeon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 10:21 AM

Two questions:
  • Are annotative properties a planned feature for 2021 release?
  • I was looking through the features of Nanocad Construction.
    Is this scaling feature compatible with annotative objects in AutoCAD? Will I be able to communicate with partners using AutoCAD and how will these appear?

Scaling of objects

Construction drawings have a lot of views of a different scale. nanoCAD Construction uses symbol scale property to adjust the scale of particular fragment in just two clicks. It also enables you to avoid generating a set of text and dimension styles. nanoCAD Construction symbol scale also can change platform primitives such as texts, line type scale or dimensions. The scaling plan can be set up for drafting completely in model space or on layouts using viewports.

exés
ARCHITECTURE

#9 j6a

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 03:40 AM

Is there any updates on this topic as yet? Annotative scaling is almost essential functionality these days. The question has been asked many times and there seems to be no answers as yet.

Is this functionality on the roadmap? If so, for what version?

I just installed V22 and while there are some property fields and text boxes relating to annotative properties, none of them seem to work?

Please let us know.

#10 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 315 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 05:17 PM

User can see already existing annotative scales in drawing created in side CADs, but can't create own as it was said previously.
I would recommend to try "Symbol scale" and "Measurement scale" instead.

#11 Alx Synth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 04:05 AM

NanoCAD DEFINITELY is not cheaper than AutoCAD, they just make it looks like cheaper but when the company buys is the exacly same price or even more. Cheaper is just a strategy to attract idiots but they will not let you hide the basic standard program only.

They have a strategy for this, they do the following:
They deliver a "innocent" checklist in hands of each employee with many types of features that you might or not might use or expect that the software have, is a big list like 3 pages, and everything that you check they add an external pack to your price, is the same than you buy Autocad + Autocad Architecture + Autocad Eletric + Autocad MEP + Autocad Civil, etc...

When is in a small company, the boss control much more, but in big companies it does not happen, they say something beautiful to listen such as "this is to identify the needs of the company" but in fact is just a way to sell you much more than the basic pack.

The employees of the companies who received the checklist (and not even your boss) are not aware that that list is in fact a trap to raise a lot the price and sell extra packs, and we feel guilty to mark only the first check box (which is the bacis NanoCAD, equivalent to Autocad standard without extra packs, which is the normal that all we have) we kind of mark randomly 1 item here and 1 item there and each time we mark 1 thing they add a new full pack to our account.

In the end we have a software much, Much, MUCH inferior to AutoCAD, slow and without any features such as dynamic block, annotative text and many others things that i could describe here and all this more expensive that AutoCAD. This software does not worth not even it really be 5x cheaper than AutoCAD.

I feel scammed this software is lightyears behind the others and i dont suggest anyone buy this program, this is just awful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users