←  Technical Questions

nanoCAD forum

»

Import polyline

Pommier's Photo Pommier 07 May 2020

Dear all,

I am a new NanoCad user. I need to import a polyline with a large amount of X, Y coordinates.
I understand that I need to write a vbs script.
I am not a developper and after several trials, I dont understand how to write this script.
Moreover, I would need a script with X, Y coordinates easily updatable. These coordinates are stored in an excel datasheet.
Somebody to help me please ?

Caro

Kreator's Photo Kreator 07 May 2020

Hello.
Try this.

Attached Files

USch's Photo USch 11 Nov 2020

I have exactly the same problem.

I opened the above file Polyline from table.xlsx . If I copy the second example starting from the first line "SIMPLEPOLYLINE" to the line "_close" and paste it in the command line it designs a text-box with all Excel lines in it, but not a polyline. If I click first polyline in the command line and then paste only the coordinates it inserts the first couple of coordinates, but not the following ones.

Thanks for help,

Urs

Kreator's Photo Kreator 14 Nov 2020

@USch, you have to paste lines in command line, not in the drawing. To make it right, just click on the command line and don't move the cursor on the drawing.

USch's Photo USch 14 Nov 2020

Thank you for the reply, but it doesn't solve MY problem.
I type PL in the command line and "Specify start point" appears. Then Cntr + V without moving the cursor and it pastes the first coordinate and stops, not the 199 following lines.
I wonder if I have some basic setting wrong???

Urs

Kreator's Photo Kreator 14 Nov 2020

What version of NC do you use?
NC 20 supports pasting multiline commands, NC 5 - not.

USch's Photo USch 14 Nov 2020

That's the explanation! I use NC 5.0.
But NC 20? Is that the Russian version?

Urs

Kreator's Photo Kreator 15 Nov 2020

No, it's available on english. But it's not free - NC 20 Plus. https://nanocad.com/products/plus/