Sketching on different planes, xy, xz, yz using PSADD

3 replies to this topic

#1 SteveD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:35 PM

New to NANOCAD

When I change to a different plane using PSADD my objects already drawn on a plane jump to another plane. I.e., xy to xz. How can I keep them on the plan I drew them on?

I need a basic tutorial maybe to start drawing simple 3D. Any suggestions?

#2 Opey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:39 PM

I also had this issue sometime too

#3 pguimber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationFrance - Maine et Loire

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:24 PM

Hello,
(NC5.0) use ucs for change plane and UCSFOLLOW variable (view follow or not the UCS).

You can rotate the current view with Shift + mouse wheel pressed.

It's easy but not simple to draw in 3D !

#4 Joseph Young

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 10:08 PM

I struggled to a lot. My answer is not everything there is to know, but gets you going. There is something called Dynamic UCS that helped a lot. Make sure it is on in the lower right corner. hover over to get name. for example, make a 3d cube.
Step by step:
-Make sure you on in the model, not a 2d layout. (Tabs on bottom)
-"View" Tab then "Views" group on ribbon then Select an isometric view.
-"3D Tools" Tab then "Direct Modeling" group on ribbon then click "3d box" looks like a cube. click a few times in model to make a cube, size is not important.
-Now we can play with planes...
-Type CIR Enter to start circle command. DONT CLICK anything, just hover your mouse over the different sides of the cube to see what it does. Now click on the top plane, make a circle. Start CIR command again, try another side. Basically, you hover over an existing plane to pick what plane to work on.
-If you want to rotate an object about a plane, you can make a cube quick, and use it to pick the plane you want to rotate in. I am still new. I am a pro in MicroStation, but new in NanoCad, so still looking for equivalent functions.

NanoCad, please copy MicroStation's AccuDraw functions, it's amazing!!! Im a CAD Admin at a utility, please contact me NanoCad, your 3D planes are pain. I have input.

C:\Users\thene\Downloads\Untitled.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users