CtrlCopy or Wblock not working in NanoCAD

CtrlCopy Wblock

4 replies to this topic

#1 Chad Ellis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:25 AM

I am a new user to NanoCAD and have found that when trying to insert an object from one drawing into another drawing there are issues. NanoCAD seems to lock up for a few minutes and eventually inserts the object but the object does not have all the attributes, maybe only 10% of the object. I have tried CtrlCopy / Paste as well as Wblock to no avail. Googling online it seems this was an issue several years ago, assuming it has been resovled and I am just missing something. Overall I like NanoCAD's features, but need to be able to insert objects from other drawing files, so if this is an ongoing issue I may have to find an alternative software. Any insight from the forum would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Chad

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:42 AM

Hi Chad,
what version of nanoCAD do you use?
What objects do you try to copy-paste? Does the problem appear on every drawing or on specific?
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 Chad Ellis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 02:30 AM

I have version 5.0.2520.1471, all objects are affected and yes it happens on a specific drawing. I have recently tried copying the same object(s) into a new drawing and it works, must be something related the to the drawing, all layers are ON, any other recommendations? Also, one other issue when plotting to an Adobe PDF file, I cannot get the line type the same (monochrome), some lines are darker then others, typically the dimension layers are very light...any recommendation using this version on how to make all the lines darker when creating a PDF. Thanks in advance for recommendations.

Best Regards,
Chad

#4 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:14 AM

Can you send us the drawing file to Support Center support@nanocad.com ?
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#5 Ammon Nelson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 10:19 PM

I'm new to NanoCAD, but I'm in IT and we have some teammates that are starting to use NanoCAD. I'm wondering if the copy or WBlock commands are available in the free version of NanoCAD? Is that the reason it doesn't work?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users