New to NanoCAD - Questions on customisation (mimic AutoCAD)

10 replies to this topic

#1 Mykel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:22 PM

Hi All

New NanoCAD user. I found this in my quest to find an solution for a home use "version" of AutoCAD. I have used ACAD for about 20 years in my electrical design etc (all 2D work), and find it a very comfortable way to do a lot of my designing with and wanted something for at home as well.

The issue I am faced with now is that with using ACAD for so long with my personal customisations that muscle memory kicks in all the time and I am very slow with NanoCAD.

So, is it possible to do the following with NanoCAD.

Emulate the pgp file from ACAD. I have a lot of customised shortcuts. e.g. the standard L for line, but c for copy (instead of circle). cr for circle etc.

I use one hand on the keyboard and one on the mouse, and the right click is enter - NanoCAD does not seem to do this, even though I though I found the option to have right click as enter. My use is (as an example a line), L with the left hand , right click with the right hand and start drawing (using ortho modes - none of this using co-oridnates etc). Have I missed something obvious in the setup of NanoCAD and if so where do I go to get this finctionality.

If this is all answered somewhere else, please just point me in the right direction. I did do a search but at the time of writing this post, had found nothing.

Thanks

Mick

#2 shane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:46 PM

I am in the same situation transferring from Autocad to Nanocad.

I have pretty much got Nanocad set up as I am used to except 'enter' from mouse as per the previous question.

If I click a command with the pointer and then press right it enters and starts the command, this was easy to set up.

My problem, if I type a command to the command line, 'di' for example, press return from the keyboard that works fine, but I am used to right clicking on the mouse to start the typed command. However, if I do this the popup menu is displayed and the typed command not enered, is there some way to amend this, learned muscle memory is difficult to forget and it is causing me issues.

I hope you can help, otherwise very impressed with the software.

#3 Kreator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationKrasnodar, Russia

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:54 AM

Hi. No idea how to make RMB work like Enter for the command line, but you could use Space instead - easy to get used to.

#4 Dec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 06:21 PM

Is it possible to use the roller as the third button like in AutoCad and DraftSight - after entering the variable "mbuttonpan = 0" pressing the roller gives access to the SNAP menu

#5 Dec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 09:45 AM

I pressed the Shift key and the mouse wheel, the cursor cross changed to spatial. How do you restore a 2D cursor cross?

#6 Dec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 11:46 AM

There is a simple solution: in the command line enter PLAN> ENTER select CURRENT and we have a 2d icon view - XY plane

#7 Kreator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationKrasnodar, Russia

Posted 30 April 2020 - 01:17 PM

View PostDec, on 28 April 2020 - 09:45 AM, said:

I pressed the Shift key and the mouse wheel, the cursor cross changed to spatial. How do you restore a 2D cursor cross?
You get not only 3D cursor, you also get 3D view ;) Change view to view from top (PLAN-WCS - last option).

#8 lopezf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 01:12 PM

Same issue as Mikel here. I'm used to right mouse button as Enter key. This lack of ACAD feature mimic is a deal breaker for me as I have been working this way for the last 20 years. It's part of my spinal cord by now and my productivity falls by 50% if I have to do it on any other way.

#9 pguimber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationFrance - Maine et Loire

Posted 08 May 2021 - 05:28 AM

Hello guys,
we have a same history with Autocad !....

A file PGP exist on NC (nCad.pgp).

It's on repertory of NC, typically "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nanosoft\nanoCAD en 5.0".
The structure is slightly different, more simple and command with a "s".
Example : E=sDELETE

No "reinit" command (I believe), the best is to restart the program if needed.

Cordialy
Patrick

#10 rckseattle@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA USA

Posted 01 July 2021 - 09:37 AM

Hey guys....I am also a long time AutoCAD user and I think I have my system set up in the manner you are looking for. Try this solution and let me know if it works for you.

1. Inside NanoCAD select the menu option "Tools" OR simply type "options" from the command line
2. After the options dialogue box opens expand the option for "Right Button Usage"
3. Select AND expand the option for "Override For Different Modes"
4. There are two more options under this selection one titled "Edit Mode" and one "Command Mode"
5. Expand the option for "Edit Mode" and select "Repeat Last Command"
6. Now expand the option for "Command Mode" and select "Sends Enter"
7. Select "OK" to close and exit the Options dialogue box.
8. Restart NanoCAD
9. Enjoy
CHEERS! -RK

#11 Salko Safic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 08:46 AM

Thanks rckseattle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users