Dimension Layer being Created

3 replies to this topic

#1 Leon Flesburg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:42 AM

I have a blank dwg format that I use for home use. It was originally created on AutoCAD (I no longer have AutoCAD on my PC) and it contains a number of different layers on the blank format. A dimension layer was one of those created and the layer name is called "Dims". When I open the blank format on NanoCad , add some geometry, and then add some dimensions after making the "Dims" layer active, NanoCad is creating a layer called "Dimension". Even though my "Dims" layer is active, the dimensions I add are actually on the new "Dimension" layer. I have tried to delete the layer but I am not able to delete it.

Can you provide some insight as to why this layer is being created, how to prevent it from doing this, and how can I permanently delete this layer?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:29 AM

Hello Leon,
it's better to create dwt file with your layers, dimension styles etc., then set it as default template in Options - Template Usage - For new documents menu. At this case nanoCAD will create new documents with your settings.
To create dimensions on your own layer, call PARAMS command (or Tools - Setting Parameters menu):
Attached Image: Dim.jpg
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 Bren Infoson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2022 - 06:08 PM

I have the same problem.
I open a new document. There are two layers. The layer 0 and the layer defponts. When i put a dimension, for instance on layer 0, Nanocad creates automatically the layer DIMENSION and is not possible to delete this layer.
Can you say how to prevent it from doing this, and how is possible to delete it permanently ?
i can't find solution.
thanks in advance for ewery usefull information.

#4 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 November 2022 - 07:59 PM

View PostBren Infoson, on 26 November 2022 - 06:08 PM, said:

I have the same problem.
I open a new document. There are two layers. The layer 0 and the layer defponts. When i put a dimension, for instance on layer 0, Nanocad creates automatically the layer DIMENSION and is not possible to delete this layer.
Can you say how to prevent it from doing this, and how is possible to delete it permanently ?
i can't find solution.
thanks in advance for ewery usefull information.

As it was described earlier

View PostHellen_V, on 27 December 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

Hello Leon,
it's better to create dwt file with your layers, dimension styles etc., then set it as default template in Options - Template Usage - For new documents menu. At this case nanoCAD will create new documents with your settings.
To create dimensions on your own layer, call PARAMS command (or Tools - Setting Parameters menu):
Attachment Dim.jpg

to prevent from creating new layer for dimensions you can call command PARAMS in command line.
In appeared "Settings" dialog window select tab "Symbols" and change option "Layer" to what you need.
In vers.22.0 by default it is "Current".
Hope it helps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users