new user

2 replies to this topic

#1 harry22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

Hi, I have just started using nonocad having had limited autocad experience so bear with me.

I have made a drawing in the model space at 1:1 but cannot see it in the layout spaces or any of the paper sizes.

Can anyone show me how to do this. Also what is the difference between the layout spaces 1 $ 2 and the paper sizes.

#2 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 231 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hello!

Do you have problems with creating layouts or cannot see your drawing in layout?

From nanoCAD help:
"Layout tabs access an area called paper space. In paper space, you place your title block, create layout viewports to display views, dimension your drawing, and add notes.

You can create a single layout viewport that fits the entire layout or create multiple layout viewports in the layout. Once you create the viewports, you can change their size, their properties, and also scale and move them as needed."

"When you prepare a layout, you typically go through the following process:

· Create a model of your subject on the Model tab.

· Click a Layout tab and specify layout page settings, such as plotting device, paper size, plot area, plot scale and drawing orientation.

· Insert a title block into the layout.

· Create a new layer to be used for the layout viewports.

· Create the layout viewports and position them on the layout.

· Set the orientation, scale and layer visibility of the view in each layout viewport.

· Add dimensions and annotate in the layout as necessary.

· Turn off the layer containing the layout viewports.

· Execute the plot setting of the layout.

· Plot the layout.
"

#3 harry22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

Thanks, the problem is that I cannot see my drawing in the layout

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users