file close

file close

3 replies to this topic

#1 Larry Buller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:33 PM

I am new to Nano CAD and the first impressions are great.

I need to make mechanical 2d drawings and then view the dxf in another program, sometimes returning to CAD for reiterative editing.

Nano CAD holds the dxf file open while editing so no other program can read it until NC explicitly closes the dxf. Can this behavior be overridden? In the Nano CAD way of doing things, the whole program load sequence needs to happen again.

DraftSight and EasyCAD for instance will allow the dxf to be read while open in CAD. AutoCAD does not, but then AutoCAD is such a bloated expensive mess that I don't use it anyway.

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:05 AM

Hello Larry,
What version of nanoCAD do you use?
And in what program you try to open DXF files?
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 Larry Buller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:00 PM

I am using version nanoCAD 5.0
the program I am trying to open the dxf with is AvCAM, our own program.
it is a system.io.ioexception. cannot access because it is being used by another process.
It also refers to a bunch of security items. I tried pasting the error, but could not get it to work.
AvCAM is a 32bit program. I was able to open the file in notepad while open in nanoCAD.
I opened the file in DraftSight 64 and was able to open it in AvCAM.

#4 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:28 AM

Hello Larry,

when you work in AutoCad, it creates dwl and dwl2 files, they appear with file saving and disapper when program closed.
nanoCAD does not create them.
Probably, your own program can't find that files, so can't open dxf for reading?

You can download free Process Monitor program and make sure that nanoCAD doesn't hold dxf files.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users