Running lisp programs

3 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Dinger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:14 AM

I have loaded the several lisp routines I always use in my work. I have set them up to load every time Nanocad starts and they seem to load okay. However, the shortcuts I normally use to start them do not work. For example, I have a program which draws steel shapes. To bring up the dialog box for the program, I would enter "ss" at the keyboard. When I do this in Nanocad, "ss" brings up some strange text box with a great deal of command strings listed. I have no idea what that is for.

I am not clear on how to enter the correct support path for lisp routines. For now, I have entered this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Nanosoft\nanoCAD Plus en 6.0\Steel in the category "Standard files - common file locations". So I assume that Nanocad has the right path to use to execute the program. The shortcut "ss" should operate the program as it does in every other CAD program I have used or tried out.

Another program I use which draws doors uses the shortcut "dr" to open it's dialog box. Same as with the other program above, it seems to load okay and I have entered the support path for it in the same location. I have loaded that shortcut command in the nCAD.pgp file. But when I type "dr" I either get "dragmode" or "invalid keyword or command".

If I can't load and use these lisp routines and bring them up with a shortcut, then Nanocad is not going to work for me.

Thank you,

#2 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 231 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

Hello Bill,

I think problem is with place to lisp files.

Try to create folder for LISP programs not in Program files folder. When I use for test C:\LISP folder - all works fine. Also, check how function was defined in LISP file - it should be (defun c:ss. After loading LISP file you should see in command prompt text (with your file name and command name) like

Command: LSP

lsp - lsp
Enter an option or [cOmmands/Functions/Variables/Load/Execute/Console/]: Load
File: c:\\LISP\\TRIPLE.LSP
TRIPLE.LSP loaded. Commands: TRIPLE
Command: TRIPLE

If you LISP will not working - send me a sample of your lisp program.

Best regards,
Seva.

#3 lucca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 08:54 PM

Hello,
Please indicate how to create a new folder in the SUPPORT FILE SEARCH PATH.

Some lisp programs need a folder in the search path.

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: NANO LISP ERROR.PNG

Attached Files

• Attached File  STL.zip   38.26K   154 downloads

#4 todouble22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 03:22 PM

Tools>Options>Standard directories

1 user(s) are reading this topic