dimensions proxy autocad intellicad progecad

2 replies to this topic

#1 Igor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:02 AM

Hi,

I am usualy using progeCAD, but for last project I used nanoCAD and it works fine, but...

nanoCAD has a problem with compatibility with AutoCAD - when I send drawings to my cooperator, he opened that drawing, but he was not able to copy anything from my drawing to his template (I mean Edit/Copy) - AutoCAD cannot paste anything.

I tried same thing with progeCAD, but result is same - it is not possible to copy anything from nanoCAD to progeCAD.

After examination nanoCAD drawing in progeCAD, I found that there is a lot of "ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY"s and that is main problem - progeCAD and other CADs treat all nanoCAD dimensions (and construction notes, leaders and other specific entities) as some unknown PROXY objects and that objects cannot be used in AutoCAD/progeCAD/IntelliCAD as standard dimensions, leaders etc.

Only solution for drawings that are created in nanoCAD and must be used in any other CAD is that user must clear drawing from all dimensions/notes/leaders, and after that other users will be able to use that drawings for further work. Unfortunately, that is stupid solution...

Am I wrong?

#2 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

Hello,

notes and leaders are nanoCAD specific and should be proxy, but most of dimensions ( as I remember only "Big radius" is nanoCAD-specific) showld be AutoCAD objetcs. Now I do not have progeCAD installed, will try to investigate. Which versions of progeCAD and AutoCAD are you using?

Best regards,
Seva.

#3 Igor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:33 AM

I test it with progeCAD 2013, progeCAD 2014. AutoCAD 2014 and IntelliCAD 7.2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users