field quick selection count

6 replies to this topic

#1 Alx Synth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 03:09 AM

Hello everyone, let me explain my case

I do architecture projects, and in a certain point i need to count the lintels of the project, because there are many different sizes and models, and i need have it all in a table.
I discovered recently, with help of this Forum that i can use the "Quick selection" to filter by text content, by this, i can filter the type of lintel i want, one by one in the drawing and by this discovery how many i have of each.

But now i need manually see how many of each linter in each floor i have and manually put in a table, and, if one day i add or remove one or more lintels i need to remember to change the table again.

My question is:

Is there a way to use the command "Field" to access the "Quick selection" preset to deliver me the number of the objects i want, and update it automatically if the number of objects in the drawing changes?

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: 1.png
  • Attached Image: 2.png

#2 Alx Synth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 01:26 AM

Let me improve my explanation, in case you guys didn't understand.

I can configure a quick selection preset that filter exactly the object that i want, but once i apply the quick selection the objects that i want are just selected and nothing else, i need a way to link those objects in a table and update that field if the amount changed.

This would be VERY useful for all of us, i basically want a way to count something in the dawning and feed a table with that information.
In AutoCAD i use to use extract data to generate a source table who feed a secondary table, but the problem of this is that it counts all objects of the who drawing, the quick selection in other hand you can open a window to choose the region of the drawing that you want performance that count, it's amazing because by this i can count the number of lintels or windows or doors by floor.

#3 MСAD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 06:07 AM

View PostAlx Synth, on 07 November 2022 - 03:09 AM, said:

But now i need manually see how many of each linter in each floor i have and manually put in a table, and, if one day i add or remove one or more lintels i need to remember to change the table again.
You can perform any operations with the data in the drawing. For example, object properties or block attributes.
A tabular report allows you to combine and group data by various attributes.
https://www.youtube....h?v=6rqxNN6AbhE
Example of a drawing with a window specification.dwg

See more about the capabilities of nanocad

table | uMarker | mechWizard

#4 Alx Synth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 09:40 AM

I will check

#5 Alx Synth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 09:52 AM

How did you create this Construction tab that appears below "3D visualization" when you select one window?
I cant see it here, maybe i am using a different version of NanoCAD? I am using the 2022 version.

Besides, i also cant see the below tals such as "Object, Library, Point, Sheet..."

#6 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 323 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 07:17 PM

It might be "construction" nanocad version.
https://nanocad.com/...ruction-module/
you can try free trial.

#7 MСAD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 November 2022 - 07:12 AM

View PostAlx Synth, on 08 November 2022 - 09:52 AM, said:

I cant see it here, maybe i am using a different version of NanoCAD? I am using the 2022 version.
These features are included in the basic platform. You can use a block with attributes. Or properties of primitives.
  • Length.
  • Layer.
  • Colour.
  • And much more.
https://www.youtube....h?v=0tmuTJUsBqg
Example of a drawing with a window specification.dwg

See more about the capabilities of nanocad

table | uMarker | mechWizard

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users