Can I create layouts showing different layers?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Dawson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 September 2023 - 12:31 PM

I have a drawing of my house (plan views only) which has many layers. I would like to create two layouts, one showing all Ground Floor layers, and the other showing all First Floor layers. Obviously the two floors occupy much the same positions on the layers, so they all fall in the same viewport. Is it possible to achieve what I want, and if so how, please?

#2 RasterTechNZOZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 November 2023 - 01:04 AM

yes. you use current vport options in the layers tools. So VP Frozen, LP Line Type etc. only happen in the current vport. So if you have gnd floor layout, and a first floor layout you have maybe columns, grids that are on both and maybe gnd flr doors and walls on their layer, 1st floor door and walls on another layer. in the gnd floor layout you activate the viewport and brin up the layer dialog. here you can free the 1st floor layers, and in the 1st floor layer layout you would freeze the gnd floor layers.

Often a site key viewport might be on the border and you have shaded area to indicate what the current layout is showing, but you don't want that in normal colours so using same method you might change colors to grey/blue whatever and freeze contect and only have outline and grids shown

#3 David Duncan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 18 December 2023 - 11:49 PM

Hello Tim,
I'm going to make the assumption that you have created as many layers as possible in order to isolate the different elements, such as 'dims-grd' and 'dims-first'.

The first step is to ensure all layers are ON in the MODEL, and any layers you wish to use are THAWED.
Then create the layouts as you see fit, including Viewports, Scale (if that's important at this stage), and general presentation.
Now, starting with the layout for the Ground Floor, activate the Viewport by double-clicking within the Viewport.
Then click on the LAYER FREEZE icon. Now, one by one, go through the drawing and click on each element you want eliminated from the layout. This will FREEZE the layer that element is on in the Viewport ONLY, not the Model.
When you are finished, exit the command and double-click outside the Viewport to return to PAPER SPACE.

Move to the next layout tab for the First Floor and repeat the steps.
Bear in mind that should you add layers after this procedure, you will need to go to each layer tab and adjust the presentation as needed using the same method, except only on the new information added.

Hope this helps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users