Stuck in model space on a paperspace layout

10 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Howlett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 11:28 AM

Hi,

I'm working on an existing drawing file and was amending a viewport on a paperspace layout. I double-clicked on the view to access model space through the viewport to reposition the view and now it won't return to paper space. The outline of the viewport is showing as a thick line and I can still select objects in Model space. Commands "PS" or "PSPACE" have no effect - the viewport boundary still shows as a thick line. If I copy the layout, the copy is also stuck in an open viewport.

Michael

#2 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 324 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 07:06 PM

Hello.
Can you, please, try to double click on paper space, out of viewport area?

#3 Michael Howlett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 03:14 PM

View PostArtemio, on 05 September 2023 - 07:06 PM, said:

Hello.

Hi, I've tried - it won't let me. I can zoom in or out within the window and can select and modify items in model space. I can see the cursor outside the viewport but it won't recognise mouse-clicks.

#4 Michael Howlett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 03:48 PM

View PostMichael Howlett, on 16 September 2023 - 03:14 PM, said:

Hi, I've tried - it won't let me. I can zoom in or out within the window and can select and modify items in model space. I can see the cursor outside the viewport but it won't recognise mouse-clicks.
Incidentally, if I switch to other paperspace layouts in the same drawing file they still behave normally but when I go back to that one it's still stuck in Model space. Closing and re-opening the drawing file doesn't alter it either.

#5 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 324 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 08:39 AM

Can you try to create new paperspace with same parameters?
Will it work the same way?
What version of NanoCAD are you using?

#6 Michael Howlett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 08:47 AM

View PostArtemio, on 17 September 2023 - 08:39 AM, said:

Can you try to create new paperspace with same parameters?
Will it work the same way?
What version of NanoCAD are you using?
I can create new paperspace layouts but lose any detail in paperspace (title bars, annotation etc) so have to start from scratch. I'm using Nanocad x64 22.0.5984.6093

#7 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 324 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 06:17 PM

That's interesting.
Can you send me your drawing to test?

#8 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 324 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 06:58 PM

If I'm not mistaken, AUDIT command fixed problem.

#9 minati3748

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 01:37 PM

I double-clicked on the view to access model space through the viewport to reposition the view and now it won't return to paper space. The outline of the viewport is showing as a thick line and I can still select objects in Model space. Commands "PS" or "PSPACE" have no effect - the viewport boundary still shows as a thick line. If I copy the layout, the copy is also stuck in an open viewport.www.routerlogin.net

Pikashow.ltd

#10 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 06:13 PM

View Postminati3748, on 28 November 2023 - 01:37 PM, said:

I double-clicked on the view to access model space through the viewport to reposition the view and now it won't return to paper space. The outline of the viewport is showing as a thick line and I can still select objects in Model space. Commands "PS" or "PSPACE" have no effect - the viewport boundary still shows as a thick line. If I copy the layout, the copy is also stuck in an open viewport.

Hello.

#11 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 06:28 PM

The issue at the head of this topic was because of some troubles with drawing. It was fixed after executing AUDIT command in NanoCAD command line. If you have any problems to close viewport and back to paper space and double click out of viewport area isn't helpful, then try to call AUDIT agree with what it'll recommend, save and reopen your drawing. It should help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users