Cannot enter text in Layout outside viewport

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Tim Dawson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 11:52 AM

Starting with a new drawing I set up an A4 Layout (portrait).
In layout mode I drew an enclosing box for the printed page and entered some title text at the bottom.
Then from Model mode I created a Viewport which deliberately excluded the area in the Layout taken up by the title text.. I copied that Viewport in Model space to act as a boundary. (i.e. I drew a Rectangle in Model space but on the same layer as the Viewport).
I thought that would be a good idea as I could draw within the Viewport boundaries (in Model space) and run no risk of over-laying my title text
BUT when I go back to the Layout to edit the title text I cannot do so (I cannot select anything in the Layout that is outside the Viewport). Is this to be expected?
I also find I can zoom the Drawing within the Layout, but getting it back to the right size and position is difficult.

Is this behaviour what I should expect, or have I done something wrong? I'm using NanoCAD 5 (free version)
If it's expected behaviour, is it possible somehow to edit the Layout Title text without having to change the Viewport?

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: viewport_0.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users