How to Create a viewport by object from the model space

3 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Dawson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 August 2023 - 04:40 PM

I am following the instructions for this from: https://nanocad.com/...port-by-object/
I have an object in Model space (a rectangle which surrounds the drawing) from which I want to create a Viewport.
I enter the command 'ADDOBJECTVIEWPORT' as instructed, and I'm offered a dialog to select a Layout. I select a Layout and it duly opens. So now I'm in Layout/Paper space.
I'm then instructed to 'Select closed object to create viewport, or [?]:'. But the closed object I want to select is in the Model space (as you'd expect from the topic title, which I took from the tutorial).
If I select 'Model' the sequence of instructions is lost, and I'm back to the command prompt.
If I enter '?' I get a list of options, none of which take me back to Model space.
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone tell me how can I achieve what I want, please?

I'm using nanoCAD 5

#2 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 324 posts

Posted 08 August 2023 - 08:23 PM

Closed object is, for example - rectangle, you drew in this layout before 'ADDOBJECTVIEWPORT' called.
Then, when asked to select 'closed object' - select this rectangle and choose scale you need.
It must help to complete creating viewport.
If you double clicked left mouse button inside it, borders of viewport becomes bolder and you can move drawing as if it was window into model space by holding mouse scroll button and moving mouse.
To back into layout from viewport - double click left mouse button somewhere outside viewport, on layout space.

#3 Tim Dawson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2023 - 07:06 AM

Thank you for your response.
Unfortunately I cannot 'Select closed object'; when in Layout space because it isn't visible. That is the problem I explained.
Perhaps this procedure is based on the assumption that there's already some sort of Viewport, which would allow the 'Closed Object to be visible in the Layout. But I'm starting from scratch with a drawing that has NO established Layouts

#4 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 324 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 08:36 AM

You should draw closed object in paper space before ADDOBJECTVIEWPORT called.
Draw for example - rectangle in paper space.
It's not something already exists or created automatically.
And then it'd be available to select after ADDOBJECTVIEWPORT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users