Selecting only one object when they are overlapping

3 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Dawson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 August 2023 - 04:49 PM

When drawing with nanoCAD I often have lines that overlap or (say) rectangles that share a common border.
When I select something and there are two (or more) items selected, I get the attached diagram. I thought that by ticking the appropriate item it would be selected, but this doesn't happen, instead I see '0 found' in the Command Line.
I don't think this is the intended behaviour. What can I do to correct it so that my choice is selected?

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: selection_choice.jpg

#2 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 324 posts

Posted 08 August 2023 - 08:12 PM

In screenshot you see "Selection" dialog window.
Try to move cursor to one Polyline or another in it and you should notice, that selection in model space also changes, according to what polyline cursor hovers. Then click on polyline you need in this dialog window and expected, that you'll get needed selection in model space.
This window appears exactly in this kind of situations, when multiple choice needed more clarifying.

#3 Tim Dawson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2023 - 07:29 AM

Thank you for your response.
Yes, I think I understand what SHOULD happen. I can hover the lines in the dialog as you say and the appropriate object will respond, But after I select one of the objects in the dialog box I'm still seeing '0 found' in the command line and I'm still prompted to 'Select objects', Right clicking and selecying 'enter' to complete the selection process has no effect at this point.
I am wondering if I have inadvertently swirched off this feature (if so, where?). I'm sure it used to work as expected.
I'm using nanoCAD 5...

#4 Tim Dawson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 August 2023 - 03:31 PM

Running 'repair' (not full reinstallation) seems to have cured this problem. Fingers crossed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users