Screen frozen when i tried to save the file

2 replies to this topic

#1 patrickyap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 08:56 AM

I had been having this issue ever since i got my new desktop. I even upgrade the graphic card and RAM of my PC but still having the same issue whenever i tried to save any file. The screen will froze and worse of all i cannot even close the file, not even with end task. This actually only happen on my office desktop which was new but the one at home dont have this issues. Any1 with the same experience, my license already expired and i not extending because of this issue.

#2 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 324 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 08:25 PM

Hello.
As this happened in office PC and not repeated in home PC, maybe it's connected to some PC characteristics?
Can you, please, describe the characteristics of PC where issue occured?
What version on NanoCAD installed there?
Can you send me your file to test?

#3 David Duncan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 20 May 2023 - 12:59 AM

Hello Patrick,
I believe the clue to your problem is that you are using an office desktop. This sounds like either an OS issue, a background app conflict or a permission issue, especially since the problem does not occur on your home computer.

Many office computers will have virus / malware / security applications running in the background that could cause a conflict with other applications. For example: In the past I have had numerous issues with AutoCAD and McAfee, but no problems with Norton. A simple test would be to temporarily turn off the background apps to see if the problem resolves itself. It's also possible that the latest OS is causing issues, or that the app and OS are incompatible. If your home machine is running the same OS and the same versions then problems are not as likely.
Another issue could be the office network or management system your office machine is connected to. System security is critical these days and there may be issues when saving / retrieving files from a network server. You could try saving a file your local drive and see if that resolves the problem.

I recommend talking to your IT support at your office. If you didn't have issues before and now there are issues with the new machine, then the new machine is likely the problem. Not the software.

Another solution is to use nanoCAD 5 on both machines to see if you have the same problems, since you have let the full version license expire. If the same situation presents then it's the new machine.

This comment might be too late for you so take it for what it's worth.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users