lineweight thickness thick line thickness weight width line width bold

1 reply to this topic

#1 mipec96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2023 - 09:31 AM

Hello,
I need to display my model lines even thicker than it's possible at my first glimpse.
I set Adjust Display Scale to max. (1.0), but every line below 0.3 mm thick is displayed with single-pixel width, even after zooming in greatly. NanoCAD only distinguishes lineweight display at 0.3 mm and above, while I need to see differences in line thickness between 0.1 mm and 0.2 mm.
Ideally, I'd like to have Archicad-like display style. If you zoom enough in Archicad, you'll see your lines' width with perfect precision. And I mean perfect: you can grab Measure tool and measure line width and you'll see the exact value. In Archicad, line width is not fixed to screen width, but physical (sheet) view, even in model / floor plan source window.
I saw nanoCAD has something like model space and paper space, but I suppose this only refers to layouts? Maybe I should use layouts for inspecting exact lineweights, but I'm a newbie in NanoCAD and haven't even used layouts yet.
Maybe there are some tweaks, even in system registry for NanoCAD, that could multiply the lineweights?
Any help or hints highly appreciated.

#2 David Duncan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 15 April 2023 - 02:10 AM

You likely need to draw your lines as polylines (PLINE), then define the WIDTH. Standard lines in nanoCAD, similar to AutoCAD, do not usually have a WIDTH attribute as part of their geometry. PLINE's have an extra attribute that permits adjustment to actual WIDTH of the line in MODEL space. The WIDTH can be applied during the drawing of the line, or the WIDTH can be adjusted in Properties box. This width should appear in both MODEL and PAPER spaces, whereas a standard line does not and only has width depending on the PEN ASSIGNMENT given to that line, then having that width display during the PLOT or PRINT process of the hard copy.
Another quality of PLINE's is that you can taper the line. In the Properties box, you would normally use GLOBAL WIDTH to define the width along the entire length of the line. You can also define the width of the line at the SEGMENT START to the SEGMENT END, thus creating a taper. The caveat is that you need to draw the line in the correct order to get the result you desire, or simply MIRROR the line when done.
Terms like THICKNESS general apply to the 3D world... but I believe you actually mean WIDTH as it applies to the 2D world.
Hope this helps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users