Thanks

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

Yes, you can.
Specify fitst point (by coursor or coordinates in command line), then write @length<angle, for example @10<65
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 8s8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

thank you very much!!!

#4 Michael Berman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:45 PM

Hi - I am having trouble transitioning from AutoCAD 2008 to here because of the line command - I will type Line -0,0, 10<0, and it will draw a nice flat line from left to right 0,0 to 0,10. Then I type in 5<45 and it draws a very long line at a random angle - something like 222 degrees. I stopped typing and entered the commands -
Command: l

L,LINE - Line by Points
Specify first point: 5,0
Specify next point: 10<0
Specify next point or [Undo/]: 5<45
Specify next point or [Undo/Close/]:

I go 2 lines that look like ___\ with an angle of 29 degrees heading back to origin.

Do I need to use the @ command each time to ignore the mouse position in nanoCad? or can I turn it off to behave like AutoDesk? Besides that I am good!

#5 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:38 AM

View PostMichael Berman, on 02 May 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

Hi - I am having trouble transitioning from AutoCAD 2008 to here because of the line command - I will type Line -0,0, 10<0, and it will draw a nice flat line from left to right 0,0 to 0,10. Then I type in 5<45 and it draws a very long line at a random angle - something like 222 degrees. I stopped typing and entered the commands -
Command: l

L,LINE - Line by Points
Specify first point: 5,0
Specify next point: 10<0
Specify next point or [Undo/]: 5<45
Specify next point or [Undo/Close/]:

I go 2 lines that look like ___\ with an angle of 29 degrees heading back to origin.

Do I need to use the @ command each time to ignore the mouse position in nanoCad? or can I turn it off to behave like AutoDesk? Besides that I am good!

@ symbol is used to specify relative coordinates, if you won't use it, the coordinates will be absolute.
No, that is not possible to turn it off.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#6 Ian Wells

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 11:26 PM

I must say that its disappointing that this program doesn't allow me to start an line, indicate the angle (if desired) and then place a random end point, (without having to type a formula.) This is a feature of other programs, it would be nice to introduce it to nanocad.

#7 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 315 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 07:44 PM

View PostIan Wells, on 25 September 2022 - 11:26 PM, said:

I must say that its disappointing that this program doesn't allow me to start an line, indicate the angle (if desired) and then place a random end point, (without having to type a formula.) This is a feature of other programs, it would be nice to introduce it to nanocad.

You can indicate the angle.
Try to switch by TAB between dynamic input fields when you drawing a line.
One field allows to indicate distance, another - angle.
This "formulas" using when you want to use relative coordinates, which depends on previous position.
If you input simple numbers, then it'll be absolute coordinates. depends on what set in dialog window "UNITS" in section "Angle".
Using "formulas" allows you to switch between relative and absolute coords on the fly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users