Best export format for different CAD Software

2 replies to this topic

#1 David_Parker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 July 2022 - 08:17 AM

There are others using my model in autocad but the 3d solids are causing errors.

Was under the impression that I could switch between without problems.

Here is the example in autocad after I have exported from Nanocad:

Attached Image: Screenshot 2022-07-05 181612.png

Is there a way around these issues?

#2 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 320 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 06:34 PM

Hello.
There was something similar, if I'm not mistaken.
https://forum.nanoca..._4924#entry4924
Do you have "2D wireframe" in "Visual Styles" when see this lines?
Is it permanent, or temporary issue?

#3 David_Parker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 July 2022 - 11:54 PM

Permanent Issue and all visual styles, but not in nanocad - only when I tryed to open in Autocad.

It was related to the sweep command because after I repeated the model using extrusions it fixed the problem.

I am however experiencing another problem with the sweep tool. This happened in Nanocad when I tried to mirror a handrail on my stairs. I fixed it by mirroring my polyline path instead and recreated the railing seperately.

Attached Image: Screenshot 2022-07-10 094349.png

The problem has reappeared when I open in autocad and strangely this time it is on both the original handrail and the repeated. This leads me to think the issue was in the original sweep model in nanocad but only showed in the mirror.

Autocad has shown both errors.

Reason I am jumping between the two programs is drafting stanards - I haven't set up for Nanocad and it doesn't translate from my autocad template properly. Not a big issue , just need time to integrate but it's a problem switching between programs is causing model problems because I have colleagues working remotely using autocad to open these models.

For now I will repeat the sweeps in autocad. I hope these get resolved, I enjoy the uncluttered ribbons of nanocad and it has much better performance (very smooth) .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users