How do I print in black and white?

5 replies to this topic

#1 David_Parker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 June 2022 - 09:47 AM

I am having more problems than expected switching to nanocad and there is very much a lack of content to help me through these problems.

Is there a standard issue of plot styles? I can't for the life of me get the printing correct for my standard a3 titleblock I had already set up in .dwg

Needed a drawing completed for tomorrow and now have to jump back to my other program.

I'm sure once I get et up correctly Nanocad will be fine but I would like to point out it is harder tan expected to get going with it!

Regards,
David

#2 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 320 posts

Posted 27 June 2022 - 08:24 PM

Hello.
Sorry for your issues and really hope you'll not just get used to NanoCAD but will have a positive filling using it.
In order to help you with this there are some contents, like:
1. "User guide" in pdf, you can find it here: C:\Program Files\Nanosoft\nanoCAD x64 en 22.0\help
2. Some usefull videos: https://www.youtube....user/nanoCADcom
3. Tech support: http://support.nanoc...olutionsHome.sd
4. Online users guide: nanoCAD 22.0 Help
5. This forum and maybe some other resources I forgot to mention.
Best regards!

#3 David_Parker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 07:26 AM

Ii think the biggest hurdle to using Nanocad is the lack of video tutorial content on youtube. You can be sure to find a video on any given issue or task for autocad.

If I have success with my problems I will be sure to screen record the solutions for my own reference + for others to find :).

#4 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 320 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 06:17 PM

That's great idea!
Products are made not only by developers, but also by community.
The larger community grows, the more interesting product became.
Good luck!

#5 David_Parker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 07:46 AM

View PostDavid_Parker, on 26 June 2022 - 09:47 AM, said:

I am having more problems than expected switching to nanocad and there is very much a lack of content to help me through these problems.

Is there a standard issue of plot styles? I can't for the life of me get the printing correct for my standard a3 titleblock I had already set up in .dwg

Needed a drawing completed for tomorrow and now have to jump back to my other program.

I'm sure once I get et up correctly Nanocad will be fine but I would like to point out it is harder tan expected to get going with it!

Regards,
David

I have fixed my own problem here, but if anyone wonders...

The model was an exported .dwg from Revit and the colour was embedded within a block (within a block). A couple of explodes and changing the colour setting for the elements sorted out the printing.

Guess it would be nice to force black and white some how which I thought the monochrome plot style did - apparently it doesn't.

#6 Andreas Groth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 12:57 PM

I had the same problem with printing b+w.

I got over it by making a plot style table with the color property as 'black' for each color in the Plot Styles.
Save the table and use that as the Plot style table.
Check the box for 'Color Plot Mode'.

A bit counterintuitive, but it works.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users