Multipage Batch Plot Print Layout

print plotting

1 reply to this topic

#1 Ozzie Corbitt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2022 - 05:52 PM

I am having an issue while attempting to Publish to Plotter from Layout Page Setup. As far as I am aware there is no way to apply a page setup to multiple files at once, And the only way to use the "Previous Plot" is to publish a single file first and then go back and individually change each and every page setup to previous plot afterwards.

The issue with using a different "Publish To:" setting is if I use internal pdf plotter, another option, or even the CutePDF Writer that is used in the page setup window. it will always offset the plot to the bottom right and chop off some of the information, and not give any settings to adjust specifics.

I want to be able to add all the files to the publish list and change page setup once and have it apply to all the jobs, Is this possible?
the only Page setup criteria I need are:
  • 11x17 Page Size (Landscape)
  • Plot area : Extends
  • Centered
  • Frame width : 0.5in

#2 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 322 posts

Posted 01 June 2022 - 08:32 PM

Have you tried to print via: "File" (click on logo in left top corner) -> "Batch plot"?
It is really useful tool to print multi page drawings.

You should adjust one layout with proper viewport etc, set there plot settings you need, then just copy this layout from context menu command "Copy Layout" (watch carefully on command line dialog during this process) and change what viewport shows in each layout.
This allows you to change page (layout) setup once and then just change what is shown in next layouts.

After you click "Batch plot" appears "Publish" dialog window where you select layouts to print.
If you need to print it in one single PDF (and "Internal PDF Plotter" had been selected for example) just check "Multi-sheet job".

This tool description is in: "Help" -> "The Component Layout and Plot Drawing" -> "Document Plot" -> "Batch Plot".

Sorry, if I'm not properly understand your issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users