base angle format units

1 reply to this topic

#1 Fernando Santos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 03:27 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use NanoCAD to input angle and distance from a topographic survey, so i need to use azimuth as an angle. I went to format > units and changed the base angle to "north" and to turn clockwise, like the angles in the compass. Although, when i try to input the distance and angle using the 'pline' command, it would only consider the angles coming from east. The rotation is correct, it is rotating clockwise, but the base angle is wrong. I tried to input manually @270 degrees to the same result.

Is there another way to change the base angle? Is there something i'm missing?

I found another topic in this forum with the same question, no answers. So the issue has been brough by other users before. Since that thread was from 2019, i'm starting a new one in hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: base_angle.png

#2 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 321 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 02:51 AM

Hi!
How did you input distance and angle? Was it via fields of dynamic input which are in the working field? Did you first input length, then click TAB to change field to angle and input in it?
There might be a bug with angle input such way and I reported it.
You might try to input parameters this way: call 'pline', and select first point. Next points you can input with inputing '@<length><angle>, for example: @100 90. Here @ - to start count next point according to the previous one, 100 - length of line, 90 - angle. Inputing parameters this should be correct.
Thank's for your request.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users