7 replies to this topic

#1 Izno63

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKarup, Denmark

Posted 25 March 2022 - 01:54 PM

Hi :)
I just bought myself an A3 printer and in all other programs it works fine with printing in A3 format, but inside NanoCAD 21 it goes wrong in a weird way. I select plot and inside the popup menu I select the new printer (set up to A3 and only A3 format) when I go into "setup" next to the printer name and select advanced stands print to "Letter" - I select so A3 again in there presses ok and saves it as .Pc3 - overwrites once again the one I made and comes out where I again have to select printer format here I can only select IsoA3 format - Select it and the paper on the right shows an A3 format paper, everything so good until now I add to layout (bottom left corner) - Check "setup" again and under advanced now says "Letter" again - try again to set it to A3 (in all other programs where I go in and look in advanced this is for A3) closes - saves - and adds to layout - when I print something similar to a Letter format appears on my paper, but it is not the whole drawing that comes with, but only within print format.
Help! What am I doing wrong? Or where is the plot set up incorrectly? :o :o :o

#2 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 324 posts

Posted 25 March 2022 - 07:25 PM

Can you, please, try this:
1. Select your printer in "Printer/plotter" (then don't go to setup, let it be as it is now)
2. Select A3 in "Paper size and orientation".
3. Select radio button "Portrait" or "Landscape" as you need.
4. Select checkbox "Show Page Preview" on the right top corner, above page preview.
5. Looking at page preview on the right side of window, select "Plot area" which is below "Paper" "Landscape" radio buttons. What'll finally appears in physical paper depends on this selection and checked "Show Page Preview" intended to help you.
6. Click "Plot" if you want to print it immediately, or "Apply to layout" to save this settings for current layout and print a little bit later.

#3 Izno63

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKarup, Denmark

Posted 25 March 2022 - 08:23 PM

Hi Artemio
I have done all what you has write and here is the result.
It is the same i get every time.

#4 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 324 posts

Posted 25 March 2022 - 09:25 PM

Does "preview page window" shows the same, only part of entire drawing?
If it's not, can you try to print it to PDF via internal PDF printers such as "Microsoft Print to PDF" or "Internal PDF plotter"?
Is PDF looks the same?
If so, can you, please select your printer in "Printer/plotter", then check "To file" and result .plt file send to printer?
If all this doesn't help, would you, please be so kind to attach here your .pc3 and .plt files and write model of your printer.

#5 Izno63

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKarup, Denmark

Posted 26 March 2022 - 08:41 AM

The "preview page window" shows the full drawing and with the right size of paper." I had just tryed the PDF "internal PDF plotter" and it's works fine, but it also sending the picture over in The Acrobat reader program and from there printing.
My new printer is: HP Officejet pro 7720 wide format.

#6 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 324 posts

Posted 26 March 2022 - 09:00 PM

To create request about possible bug, help me please, to describe this issue correctly:
1. Programm sets wrong paper format for printer "HP Officejet pro 7720 wide format" :
- In "Plot" dialog window selecting installed printer "HP Officejet pro 7720 wide format".
- In "Setup" - "Advanced" selecting "A3" paper format, by default there was "letter", but printer itself set up to work only with A3 format.
- "Paper size and orientation" suggests only "isoA3" format for this printer, so selecting "isoA3".
- Back to "Setup" - "Advanced" - there returns "Letter" format. Changing it to "A3" again.
- "Page preview" shows "A3" paper format and all drawing to be printed.
- Selecting "Plot" and printer prints only part of drawing, looks like "Letter" format.
2. "Internal PDF plotter" prints drawing into PDF file correctly, as it's shown in "Page preview".

Is it correct describing?
Can you, please, also attach here your .pc3 file you saved earlier?
You can search for it in
"C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Nanosoft\nanoCAD x64 Int 21.0\PlotConfigs"
And attach .plt file - to create it select checkbox "To file" next to "Printer/plotter" and try to print your drawing.
(You don't have to store them here for a long time, just to let me upload it).
Thank's in advance.

#7 Izno63

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKarup, Denmark

Posted 27 March 2022 - 09:15 AM

Hi
Yes it looks like you got the most of it, but there is another thing and It looks like it's just printing what's inside the pot of a potrait letter page and does not scale the entire drawing down in size.
About Attach files is there a problem.
1. I have not the permission to attach this kind of file (Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file)
2. The *.plt file loads 10.6 mb when it is not zipped and 4.2 mb when it is zipped and I can only upload 500 kb max.
Can you write to my email address ***@********,
so I can send the files that way to you?

#8 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 07:59 PM

Got it.
Added to description about "printing what's inside the pot of a potrait letter page and does not scale the entire drawing down in size" and created request #40597 with attached .pc3 and .plt files you made.
Thank's for your feedbacks and suggestions, it really helps to do a better product!
As for what to do now - the easiest way is to use PDF as an interim option.
If developers helps to find better way which is available it'll be immediately posted here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users