User Defined Buttons - How To Create Them?

User Defined Button

3 replies to this topic

#1 Darrell Ford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:54 AM

Hello All,

I am currently using:

NanoCAD 5.0
Version: 5.0.2520.1471 - COMMERCIAL
Build 2000

I am trying to create a user defined button on an existing tool bar and I am having difficulty doing so.

I can successfully open the Customize > Commands menu and grab the hammer icon labeled "Click and drag to create user tool" and am able to drag the hammer icon to the toolbar to place the user defined button icon.

The problem is, once it is there, I can not seem to assign any functions to it. I can click the button and it opens the "Tool Setup" window but in the "Command" edit box, I cannot type my command to run my AutoLisp program (that does successfully run from the command line)... The "..." browse button next to the command box does not seem to function properly. There is nothing in the "Function" drop down box and the Name currently has "Run" in it (but I assume this will be the tool name that I assign, but I cant seem to change. Additionally, at the bottom of the window, the icon assigned to the user defined button is not showing up and it I can not edit the icon with the tools provided.

Is there some documentation on how to set this up or is it maybe a bug or not fully implemented yet? If anyone has any information on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

I also wanted to say, this is a fantastic piece of software... I have been able to pretty much convert all of the lisp routines I use so we will probably be going 100% with NanoCAD for our 2D drafting needs.

Thank you to all developers and development teams for making the software available...

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:41 AM

Hello Darrel,
there is a problem with Tool Setup.
I can advice you to drag the desired command in the command list and drop it to the toolbar:
Attached Image: Customize.png
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 Darrell Ford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:19 PM

Thank you Helen... Works perfectly!

#4 john wang

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 11:01 PM

nice little program.

View PostDarrell Ford, on 30 March 2015 - 04:54 AM, said:

Additionally, at the bottom of the window, the icon assigned to the user defined button is not showing up and it I can not edit the icon with the tools provided.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: toolsetup.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users