Cause of crashing found

3 replies to this topic

#1 Lee SHARP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 10:37 AM

One thing that has irritated since v11 has been apparently random crashing. Always when I go to select a layout file from one of the tabs at the bottom of the screen.
After much trial and error I have found the cause.

When working quickly, sometime my mouse is clicked just before the cursor leaves the working space and arrives and on the tab. The result is that nanocad starts to open a "selection area" on the screen, as the cursor arrives on the tab and is released or accidentally pressed again the system crashes and you loose some of your work and have to recover an audit the file to continue.

Could a script be written to prevent this or is there a way through settings/options. It would greatly improve my productivity.

Does anybody else do this from time to time?

#2 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 07:26 PM

Sorry, but I failed to repeat it. Tried in a different way: pressed left mouse button just before leaving work space and as soon as possible clicked layout tabs at the bottom. Held it and released then while was moving cursor from workspace. Didn't cause the crash whatever I tried to do with selecting area and moving cursor.
Can you, please, try to describe more detailed step by step - how are you getting it?
And what about settings.
You can try to call OPTIONS in command line.
There you'll see Cursor settings, but I'm not sure if it helps.

#3 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 11 October 2021 - 06:45 PM

Dear Lee SHARP,
could you please send us one of your drawing file where the crash appears? Do you still use nanoCAD 11?
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#4 Lee SHARP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 01:27 PM

I use nanocad 20, crashes still happen in all files (windows 10).
Attached file is latest to crash (twice today) always when going to select a different paper space view....I haven't audited it yet to recover the viewports.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users