Imperial to metric

5 replies to this topic

#1 ludwik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 11:08 AM

Hello

I have plans for plywood kayak. Its a set of points to be lofted on a plywood, connected with spline and cut out.
Problem is that all the points are in feets and inches - I would like to convert it to metric.

At the moment I used excel to recalculate all so I have set of points in cm ( I wonder if there is a way to do it in nanocad instead of excel)

second question. as points are calculated from imperial I have : at 36,5125cm go up 21.193125cm ... I would like to convert X value to 25cm (so I can draw a help line on plywood on each 25cm length and then mark Y points on those lines. For my previous project I drawn a spline trough points calculated from excel and then drawn lines every 25cm and drawn dimensions from each cross point (intersection) to the line on Y=0 but now I'm doing the same and instead of intersections dimension tool want to mark nearest point (dont know why) . but anyway maybe there is a better way to do it? to create more points on existing spline (without changing shape) where X value of each point is multiple of 25 (25, 50, 175, 350 etc)

Last question. as spline I draw is created with 20+ points is there any way to put them all in bulk instead of every each point separate?

Thank you all for help.

#2 MСAD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 03:28 AM

View Postludwik, on 21 September 2021 - 11:08 AM, said:

At the moment I used excel to recalculate all so I have set of points in cm ( I wonder if there is a way to do it in nanocad instead of excel)
Nanocad has its own, quite powerful, spreadsheet editor.
You can always make calculations and convert one unit to another.
Use the Expression Builder to build your formula
Copying formulas just like excel.
See an example from the link https://www.youtube....h?v=eOyfCXvQpZs

See more about the capabilities of nanocad

table | uMarker | mechWizard

#3 ludwik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 09:25 AM

How to turn on this Expression builder?

Second thing. I see that I can use imperials to mark points for spline but if its 1' 2" 3/4 on X and 2' 4" 5/16 on Y (0 on Z as its 2D) - nanocad shows that as 1'-2 3/4",2'-4 5/16",0 when I type that in like notepad and copy to command line in nanocad its fine but when I try to type it in command line program takes spacebar as end of command and shows error... any way to type space bar? or what I'm doing wrong this time?

#4 MСAD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 09:42 AM

View Postludwik, on 22 September 2021 - 09:25 AM, said:

How to turn on this Expression builder?
Variants

View Postludwik, on 22 September 2021 - 09:25 AM, said:

Second thing.
Excuse me.
I don't know yet. I'll think about it

#5 ludwik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 12:24 PM

shift F2 opening command line... I have free version of nanocad. maybe its not in it...

#6 MСAD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 02:25 PM

View Postludwik, on 22 September 2021 - 12:24 PM, said:

I have free version of nanocad. maybe its not in it...
I can't say about that.
I don't have that version.
You can be drawn in nanocad Construction or nanocad Mechanica

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users