Tutorial for viewports, model space and paper space

viewport

1 reply to this topic

#1 TeaMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 08:43 PM

Good afternoon. I have pretty basic cad experience and need to create a drawing that is to scale with a title block. It needs to be scaled to 11" X 17" paper or basically B size. I have really only drawn in model space and don't know how to set up a paper space and after that, how to create a view port to get my drawing from my model space onto the paper space. What I'd really like to do is create a drawing, I imaging in paper space that is a B size template that I can create a title block on, so I can import it into my drawing session so to speak and use it for future drawings. At this time I have a fairly complicated drawing for me that uses architectural units at architectural angles. An example would be 128'<N23d34'28"E. I have figured out how to do this so I have the drawing fairly close to done. Now I need to be able to print it on a B size sheet, to scale with a title block.

At the bottom of NanoCad I do see the Model space with Layout1, Layout2, A4, A3, A2, A1 and A0 which I suspect are paper spaces. Clicking one each one of these paper spaces I see dotted lines of different shapes and configurations but don't know what they mean. I have an old drawing from where I used to work that is a B size drawing that has a model and paper space set up in, drawn in Autocad that I was able to open in NanoCad, but not sure how it was created. I was always able to go into the drawings that were started and be able to edit them as needed, but never started one from scratch.

I went through the NanoCad tutorial videos but couldn't find anything that helped set up a paper space or view port and scaling. Does anyone know where I may be able to find a tutorial on this?

From my drawing that is now in model space, I will need to create at least two views. One is of two lots, and the other of only one lot. I may need to do a third at least of just a portion of one lot, the building that's on the lot. I have a second drawing in Model space that has a building with a plan view and 4 elevation views that I will need to do the same thing for. This is why I was thinking I should have one template of a B border with title block that I could import into each drawing.

Last, I would like to be able to create one for both portrait and landscape orientations.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Ed

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 07:15 PM

Hello Ed,
you can edit current layout: call PAGESETUP command - Edit, and set the desired paper size and orientation.
To create a viewport, use View - Viewports - 1Viewport menu.
Or you can add titleblock to model space and plot from it.

Read User Guide, it explains how the program works.
User Guide in PDF format can be found in Help subfolder in product folder or you can use shortcut from Start menu - NanoSoft - nanoCAD - User Guide.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users