v5 Win7 Win10 2d copy

1 reply to this topic

#1 Jan Post

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 12:46 PM

Hi,

I've been trying Nanocad's free v5 for the last few months off and on. Initially with windows 10 on a fairly powerful laptop (16 gB ram, separate graphics, big ssd). I have got used to it to the point I like it a lot.

I'm working on a drawing which has developed through a number of iterations and files. Copy attached of one form of it. Currently I cannot copy a block of material to a new part of the drawing. Some of the drawing (the older parts) will copy. The newer parts (on the right of the drawing won't copy). I've tried:

1) freeing up a lot of comuter memory by shutting everything else down and rebooting. No fix
2) deleting a lot of items from the drawing (the attached file is the smaller result). No fix
3) save as dxf, open dxf, save under a new dwg name. No fix
4) move all the material to a believed to be unlocked layer (according to the properties box), layer 0. No fix
5) move the drawing onto a (slightly smaller) windows 7 machine. No fix, same problem.
6) save it under different Autocad version .dwg compatibilities. No fix

I hope its just me doing something stupid. The latest versions of the drawings have maybe 3 days work that I would need to repeat if I can't find a fix. So it won't kill but it would be painful.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated, thanks for your help, best wishes.

Rupert

Attached Files

#2 Stanislav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2021 - 02:27 PM

Hello,

apparently, these objects were created in AutoCAD and are Proxy objects. Try to select the desired block and apply the EXPLODE command to it to split it into primitives, and then copy it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users