Dimension style and overrides Nanocad 5.0 free

Dimension

3 replies to this topic

#1 Aaron Semeniuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 02:01 AM

No matter what I do the program overrides all dimension styles.

I have figured out how to stop it from creating its own new layer called dimensions in the parameter settings and saved this to the config file. But what gets me is how to stop it from overriding everything beyond that.

If I open up the program, select new document, click dimension styles - the standard style is is automatically overridden. The comparison is standard global scale of 100 vs override global scale of 1. I have played around with setting parameters and set the drawing scale to 1.0 and saved to the config file. But!! - It never changes no matter what I do. But what I don't understand is this - If I create a new dimension style with the units how I would like them displayed on the drawing vs the standard, it reverts back to standard. The only way I can change the said dimension to how I would like it to appear is by manually deleting the text override field in the inspector. Very frustrating. The plus or pro version this issue is non-existent.

I would like the dimensions to appear like this -

10.125" [10 1/8] for and radius/diameter with a leader...and linear dimensions normal. Diameters revert back to standard and have 2 arrows and no leader.

Again it doesn't matter what I do, the program overrides everything. I have to manually go to the inspector for each dimension and delete the text override field.

Is there is a setting that I am missing?

Even if I modify the standard, it doesn't reflect it.

As soon as I enter a suffix of " for the first unit of the style I created...it reverts back to standard style with no suffix (override).

Why is this happening? What am I not doing? Again this does not happen in the plus or pro version. Nor does this kind of thing happen in Autocad or Draftsight (we use this software at work...nanocad free is my practice for work but I can't practice dimensioning or create my own drawings how I would see fit with this issue).

Any insight or setting I am unaware of would be appreciated.

Working with imperial units of measurement vs metric. Perhaps this is the issue. Are there settings I should change upon opening a file to reflect using imperial units?

There must be something I am missing in the basics of the set up. Again...nanocad plus or pro (currently using free trial now) no issues, and in Autocad no issues with this.

Thanks anyone who can take the time to explain things to me I just don't get.

Aaron

#2 Mark Pigott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 02:16 PM

With all the stuff broken in 5, I am hesitant to upgrade to Pro,
as I need my fractional imperial measurements to work.

For example, the fractional scale will never take when in Dimstyle Primary Units.

Metric is great for the countries that use it,
but some places still use Imperial.

#3 Salko Safic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 06:25 AM

View PostAaron Semeniuk, on 10 August 2021 - 02:01 AM, said:

No matter what I do the program overrides all dimension styles.

I have figured out how to stop it from creating its own new layer called dimensions in the parameter settings and saved this to the config file. But what gets me is how to stop it from overriding everything beyond that.

If I open up the program, select new document, click dimension styles - the standard style is is automatically overridden. The comparison is standard global scale of 100 vs override global scale of 1. I have played around with setting parameters and set the drawing scale to 1.0 and saved to the config file. But!! - It never changes no matter what I do. But what I don't understand is this - If I create a new dimension style with the units how I would like them displayed on the drawing vs the standard, it reverts back to standard. The only way I can change the said dimension to how I would like it to appear is by manually deleting the text override field in the inspector. Very frustrating. The plus or pro version this issue is non-existent.

I would like the dimensions to appear like this -

10.125" [10 1/8] for and radius/diameter with a leader...and linear dimensions normal. Diameters revert back to standard and have 2 arrows and no leader.

Again it doesn't matter what I do, the program overrides everything. I have to manually go to the inspector for each dimension and delete the text override field.

Is there is a setting that I am missing?

Even if I modify the standard, it doesn't reflect it.

As soon as I enter a suffix of " for the first unit of the style I created...it reverts back to standard style with no suffix (override).

Why is this happening? What am I not doing? Again this does not happen in the plus or pro version. Nor does this kind of thing happen in Autocad or Draftsight (we use this software at work...nanocad free is my practice for work but I can't practice dimensioning or create my own drawings how I would see fit with this issue).

Any insight or setting I am unaware of would be appreciated.

Working with imperial units of measurement vs metric. Perhaps this is the issue. Are there settings I should change upon opening a file to reflect using imperial units?

There must be something I am missing in the basics of the set up. Again...nanocad plus or pro (currently using free trial now) no issues, and in Autocad no issues with this.

Thanks anyone who can take the time to explain things to me I just don't get.

Aaron

Is this what you were referring too

I'm sorry I tried to post a screenshot of what I did but there is an upload quota lol of 500k

#4 Aaron Semeniuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 11:38 PM

For example -
Linier Dimension - No problems. Displays as configured in the styles manager. When I create a Diameter Dimension, the text override automatically changes to this and a style override is created. The style override appears to reflect how I want it but is not actually displayed this way. I manually delete the text override every time I make a diameter dimension, I should not have to do this.

Its very perplexing.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Screenshot 2021-10-12 173558.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users