Dimensions UCS Notes

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Katharine Warrender

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 03:01 AM

Hi. I've made a 3rd angle projection drawing that shows my design from all four sides as well as in plan. I've been using UCS to add details on the elevations, but found that when adding dimensions and notes they always align to the world coords. I want to create separate layouts for the plan and each elevation, so I want notes and dimensions to align with the UCS. I found a command under "global options" for mechanical notes to "rotate rack on UCS" but it makes no difference at all as far as I can see. I can manually change the text rotation on the dimensions individually, but that's obviously not very efficient. Similarly I can manually fix the notes on two of the elevations by using negative rack angles, but not on the one that's actually upsidedown. I guess I could just flip that elevation the other way up. It just seems more logical to have the overall thing layed out like a nett.

This is in NanoCAD 5. I'm thinking the issue with the notes is maybe a bug that is fixed in later versions, but it seems odd that there's no option to align dimensions to the UCS that I can see.

If this isn't something that can be fixed in NanoCAD 5 can someone confirm whether it would be an issue in the current paid version?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users